The FPV Lounge. Advice for beginners and experts - Ask a question

Titanium :open_mouth: ā€¦ I need that with my skills (or lack of).

1 Like

Size the space up. Post the pics here and we can suggest the stack

1 Like

Stack = fc & esc 4in1 & vtx

1 Like

Kind of like a Raspberry Pi stack but smaller.

OK, I will get a frame, let you guys know. Hopefully I donā€™t balls it up and get a naff one.

1 Like

Yes. Its all modular. Except the video part if digital

1 Like

Last question ā€¦ Iā€™ve heard that a 4 or 5" may be easier to start out with. I have a TH2F, but to be fair, it is hard work in the slightest breeze. So, would I be better off getting something bigger? :man_shrugging:

Itā€™s the sweet spot. You wont regret it.

Consider it done. Youā€™ll probably regret this thread ā€¦ if you donā€™t already :joy:

Cheers Karl :+1:

Iā€™ve got thisā€¦ very pleased with it, good priceā€¦ and itā€™s in stock !

2 Likes

A frame with thick arms. 5 or 6 mil

1 Like

to elaborateā€¦

5"
enough space for HD Video or high power analogue
fixings for EDIT 30.5mm stack in middle and 20mm in rear position EDIT

1 Like

Thanks Steve. I like the aluminium front end to protect the camera. I reckon Iā€™ll make use of that. I was on the site when you posted, looking at the Lumenier QAV-S 5ā€³ ā€¦

But yours is nearly half the price, thicker and better protection ā€¦

Iā€™ts not possible to create a sticky within a thread.

Even if there was a specific post to hold this info, it wouldnā€™t be possible for non-committee to edit it after the user edit period has expired.

Convinced. Thanks Steve. This is the one for me. And that way, if it goes pear shaped and ends up 50ā€™ a tree, I can blame the frame :laughing:

Soā€¦ an important thing when considering stacks/AIOā€¦ etcā€¦ screw pattern/spacing.

There are 4 standardsā€¦ in no particular order.

30.5mm x 30.5mm
Stacks, usually of FC on top, ESC on bottom. But you can put other things on these as well. The HDZero Freestyle VTX is 30.5mm
Usually used in 5" quads and above. The most reliable and easy to work on. Also the biggest.
My 6" Badger frame with 30.5mm FC/ESC and VTX

20mm x 20mm
Again square on. Usable in all quads from about 2" upwards. Usually a stack of FC and ESC, but my 4" quad actually has an AIO in 20mm. Iā€™ve never seen another like it.
My 5" Beaver with 20mm stack in the front, 30.5mm HDZero VTX in the back

25.5mm x 25.5mm
The Whoop/Toothpick size. Almost always an AIO board of some type. However what is on the AIO does vary a lot. Put on in a diamond shape. All tinywhoops have this style. HDZero Whoop VTX is this size as are the Walksnail VTXes (for some unknown reason)ā€¦
Diamond F4 AIO board from happymodel in one of my tinywhoops.

25.5mm whoop AIO board in my defunct 3d printed 2" cinewhoop. It was too heavy.

Last and most definitely least 16mm x 16mm.
A now rare (thank god) format for smaller quads. a square-on mini stack board. I started with these and almost every single one of them died. They were cheap and most definitely nasty. Too small to have decent components, they broke all the time. Avoid like the plague!
My first ever quad. A 2", with one of these horrid things in it.

1 Like

Good point. Luckily fames probably (citation needed) will have several holes spaced for different stacks.

Or you can just drill your own.

@Yith Your 3d frames were great. Note to self ā€œI need to buy a cnc carbon frame cutterā€

Donā€™t spend a lot on your first frame. You will knacker it up by crashing into somethingā€¦

Chris Rosser would disagree I expectā€¦ But nice of you to say.

Unless itā€™s ā€¦

ā€¦ which is a thing of beauty. I wish I never saw it :man_facepalming:

Well if they werenā€™t confused before, they will be now :laughing: :laughing: