The GADC Great Wall of Fame - 2024 - Round 2 - 5th February to 3rd March - Closed

@group-challenges
Please try to keep this thread for pictures only, any discussion you want to have can be done at:
The Discussion Thread

Rules of Entry
Entry is open to all forum members and associates.
You can submit up to 3 still pictures in each round, the subject or theme is entirely up to you.
All entries must be taken in the timeframe for that round and not be published anywhere else or entered for any other competition BEFORE this one. In other words, we want you to take the photos especially for us.
Entries must clearly be from a drone in flight.
No swaps, once you have posted an entry, it stays. So, please make sure the picture you’re about to upload is the correct one, as it will NOT be changed.
Editing is confined to colour, exposure and cropping. Absolutely no removal or addition of objects.
When making an entry please include the time, date, and drone used. Feel free to include any other useful or interesting information.
Supporting evidence may be requested.
And finally, all drone flights remain the sole responsibility of the flyer. Please act responsibly and remain within your countries or regions laws at all times.

1 Like

@group-challenges you do all know this is open, right? Halfway through the month and no entries? Are we going to have to resort to bullying tactics again? :rofl:

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

Here some for you then…

The first two are my rejects from the ‘Angular’ RTF comp

The Grand Hotel, Blackpool, 11/02/24, DJI Mini 2

The Village Hotel, Blckpool, same date and drone

Being buzzed by an aircraft ( lotsa vertical sep :wink: over Blackpool, looking North ), 11/02/24, DJI Mini 2

3 Likes

Nice Martin, but did you read the brief?

Yes - none of these were submitted for another competition before being posted here :wink:

:wink:

Your entries do of course stand as they are enirely within the rules. We just hoped they wouldn’t be
“rejects” from another challenge :wink:

I only rejected them because I felt they weren’t angular enough for the RTF comp :wink:

Redcar Wind Farm Mainrenance
DJI Mavic 3
18/02/2024 10:44

2 Likes

Glasgow Clydeside Sunrise - Mini 3 Pro (upright mode) - 24/02/2024 07:31am.
I headed down to the Clydeside this morning in the hope of a sunrise, as I could see a gap in the clouds on the horizon where the sun was due to come up. The clouds were lit up for about 8/10 mins and then it was gone.

9 Likes

This was taken at Seale, outside Farnham in Surrey, This field with its solitary oak tree gets photographed a lot in this area, I was here taking video with the mini 2 for another challenge and took this shot of the tree with the shadows.

Take on the 23rd Feb 2024 at 1.30pm
DJI Mini 2, SS: 1/400s, ISO: 100
Seale, Surrey

It’ll be worth going back over the year as they’ve changed the crop type, it’s normally just a sea of green with a close to the ground crop.

7 Likes

This one’s Grosvenor Street in Allenton Derby. A typical Victorian terraced street
Taken on Saturday 24th around 10 past 3 in the afternoon with my Mini 3 Pro.

8 Likes

Stunning!

1 Like

Thanks Geoff :+1: :blush:

Taken on the 24th February at 3:15pm down at Corfe Castle in Dorset as the clouds started to play nice.

DJI Mini 2: ISO: 100, SS: 1/1250 s, Exposure Bracketing.

6 Likes

Taken on 26th and 27th February from Centenary Square in the centre of Birmingham, UK.

DJI MINI3 Pro in video mode, screencapture exported from DaVinci Resolve 18

5 Likes

My second & third entries.

Celtic Park Stadium, Glasgow - Mini 3 Pro - 24/02/2024 08:08 - 1/240 sec @ f1.7, 100iso.

Boclair House, Glasgow - Mini 3 Pro - 22/02/2024 19:05 - 1 sec @ f1.7, 100iso.

6 Likes

Just the one entry from me (I don’t get out much :frowning: )

Fishery Creek, Hayling Island
Mini 2 1/500 f/2.8 ISO 100
Sun 03-Mar-24 12:41:45

4 Likes

Here are my three from today @10am :+1:

3 Likes