The GADC Great Wall of Fame 2024 - Round 3 - Winners Announced

@group-challenges

Rules of Entry
Entry is open to all forum members and associates until midnight on 24th March.
You can submit up to 3 still pictures in each round, the subject or theme is entirely up to you.
All entries must be taken in the timeframe for that round and not be published anywhere else or entered for any other competition BEFORE this one. In other words, we want you to take the photos especially for us.
Entries must clearly be from a drone in flight.
No swaps, once you have posted an entry, it stays. So, please make sure the picture you’re about to upload is the correct one, as it will NOT be changed.
Editing is confined to colour, exposure and cropping. Absolutely no removal or addition of objects.
When making an entry please include the time, date, and drone used. Feel free to include any other useful or interesting information.
Supporting evidence may be requested.
And finally, all drone flights remain the sole responsibility of the flyer. Please act responsibly and remain within your countries or regions laws at all times.

2 Likes

Entry 1

Taken above Grit Fell near Jubilee Tower, facing west towards the Irish Sea, with Morecambe Bay to the right, and Fleetwood & Blackpool straight ahead ( zoom in and you can see the Tower ). Taken 3/3/24 16:08, DJI Mini2

7 Likes

Totally forgot all about this! I don’t see a start date on the thread title, am I right in thinking it is the 4th March?

Two photos for GWOF round 3.
Both taken with my Mini 3 Pro.
The first near Lynmouth, North Devon at 7pm. March 19th 2024.
(Where the catastrophic floods happened in 1952).
f1.7 1/10000 sec. ISO-120.

The second photo is near Combe Martin, North Devon.
March 22nd 2024 around 7pm also.
f1.7 1/5000th sec. ISO 110.

4 Likes

Entry No. 1 - Glasgow University Sunrise - Mini 3 Pro - 08/03/2024 - 07:33am

Founded in 1451, Glasgow University is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities.

5 Likes

Entry No. 2 - Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum - Mini 3 Pro - 08/03/2024 - 07:56am

Opened in 1901, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is one of Scotland’s most popular museums.

3 Likes

Entry No. 3 - Wast Water, Wasdale Valley - Mavic 3 Classic - 19/03/2024 - 07:38am

Wast Water is located in the Western Lake District and is the deepest lake in England at 258 feet.

5 Likes

“The long and winding road…”? Entry no 3.

Particularly like the Glasgow Uni contre- jour. So sharp!

1 Like

It certainly was Geoff, I drove up from the NEC in Birmingham on Monday night, to car camp by Wast Water, in heavy rain and strong winds in the dark. The long and winding road seemed like it was never going to end!

Great place to be in strong wind and rain in the dark!! Guess nobody hammered on your window to say “you can’t camp here!”

:rofl:

Nope, nobody else daft enough to be out in that weather (and I parked right beside the ‘no overnight parking’ sign too :grin:)

Entry Number 1 - A sunny day at Jodrell Bank…

The amazing Lovell Radio Telescope at Manchester University Jodrell Bank facility - with anchester in the distance…

Air 3 screenshot from video taken today…

1 Like

@group-challenges
The Poll for Round 3 is now open

Do not vote for your own entry, doing so will result in its disqualification.
Voting is open to all forum members and associates, entrants or otherwise.
Each voter will be allowed up to three votes in each round.
In the event of any ties, another round of voting will be opened. In this event each voter shall have only one vote to cast.
Voting will be open for 7 days, after which, the poll will automatically close
All votes will be hidden until the end of the poll.
Once the poll has been opened it can not be edited, changed, or modified. The forum software does not allow it, regardless of how high up the chain of command you are. Therefore we are hoping some of the ChallCom and Moderation Teams can also take part if they wish.
The entry from Challenges_Committee has been changed to reflect the actual picture taker. I believe they may have been logged into the wrong account.

The Rewards:

The top 3 placings from each round will be awarded GWoF Gold R1, GWoF Silver R1, GWoF Bronze R1.
The winners from each round will have their entry placed in the newly created GWoF Challenge Gallery.
At the end of 12 rounds, the 36 winners will be entered into a super-poll where the top 3 entries will have their work entered into the GWoF Winners Enclosure and be granted unique 2024 Wall of Fame badges.

Congratulations to @geoff on your third place :clap:
And once again to John @Drumsagard for taking not just second place, but also first with a whopping 89% of voters choosing it as their favourite. The Hall of Fame will be updated shortly, and your shiny new badges awarded

2 Likes

Thanks again for the votes guys! :+1: :blush: Three in a row, does that mean I get to keep the Wall :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you!

:thinking: not yet John, still another 9 rounds left for the rest of us to try and catch up :grinning:

2 Likes