The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

I realised that the dronescene entry would not be accurate as this was the photo I used. And didn’t want to use a current photo and a dronescene entry from July. The rules state that the dronescene must be shortly after the flight and not 6 weeks before.

So opted not to submit for the 4 points.

mp

Since I posted my last entry I’ve been doing a daily loop of Bangor, Ballyholme, Groomsport, Donaghadee, Millisle, Ballywalter and back via Ards sailing club looking for windsurfers and all I’ve seen has been a cruise ship, tankers, container ships, power boats, yachts, sailing dinghies, kite surfers and (obviously) paddle boarders, in fact, I’ve seen pretty much everything that floats except windsurfers. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1. A Country house hotel (Website or guide book entry to prove) :white_check_mark:
    Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall Review, North Wales | Travel
  • Marquee erected on lawn :x:

• Series Land Rover or Defender in car park :x: looks like a new Range Rover… :frowning:

• Drone Scene Entry :white_check_mark:

Claiming 2 points please . .

Llyndir Hall, Rossett, Wales - Mini3 Pro - 01-09-22

1 Like

rtf

Although some of our RTF personnel may not be joining us on schedule we are pleased to announce that the new season of the Reason To Fly competitions will start on September 10th!

If any of our contributors are barristers seeking to defend a charge of public indecency (legal aid rates) please DM us. All you barrack room lawyers need not apply!
2 Likes

Two points, John

1 Like

A tad late, but …

23. A Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boat (RIB or RHIB) in motion (visible wake)

• Three or more people on board :white_check_mark:
  • Two or more outboard engines :x:
  • No part of the boat to be orange :x:

Details:

• Drone: Mavic 2 Pro
  • Date: Sunday 28 August 2022

Please can I grab my first and last 2 points :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Item entry 10. A Truck mounted Concrete pump

Taken just of Junction 9 of the A14 near Kettering

On 16th August 2022 @08:59
With Dji Air2s

Claming points for:-

Erect and in use

A “Readymix” type rotating drum truck loading the concrete pump

Total of 3 points please

1 Like

Welcome home Chris good to see you back :slightly_smiling_face:
We would love to give you your first 2 points but unfortunately, in your haste you appear to have not read through the rules for this years challenge :grimacing:

3 points awarded :+1:t2:

No luck (other than blagging the trip) involved. Just research. But even with the research it’s been a pain in the arse subject as they were often no shows. Even for league meets. I think I’ve been to about 4 different places. One other was successful but only 4 were on the reservoir and I wasn’t settling for one point. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks, glad to be home :+1:

Same start as last year then. Well, if nought else, it got me back into video editing :thinking:

Not sure of the rationale for removing the option for sub-30-second vids :man_shrugging:

How about a very boring single frame from the same video instead? :nauseated_face:

Still prefer the video though :man_running::dash:

There’s a few places nearby they use for windsurfing but so far the only day I was lucky enough to catch them it wasn’t safe to fly. Still, there’s a couple of days left, I might get lucky. :smile:

2 points awarded :+1:t2:

The reasoning behind it was to make catching multiple items in shot a little more difficult. Last year we felt people had too much freedom to fly around large building sites and carparks to fit all items into a video. There are a couple of subjects that we have allowed video on this year like ‘Freight Train’ to allow competitors to capture 20+ wagons/carriages with enough detail for us to check logos for example, which would be impossible to capture in a single frame :slightly_smiling_face:

BETZ

Maurice and his tic-tac man watched intently as the latest scores flashed up on the LEADERBOARD

Click the Pic™ to view the latest riders and runners
2 Likes

I need to expand my unofficial spreadsheet now :joy:

GettyImages-563963591

Ian explained his formulae for determining the possible winners

With just over 2 days to go…

5 people are still in the race…

My money is on a three way tie at the top!

All depends if @Acedrone has found a Land Rover or @john768 has found two red cars…

Or perhaps @D0c.Col and @firstadekit have found a loophole to surprise us all…

As for men in white coats - I suspect they will have found me… :joy:

I am off to Birmingham tomorrow for a couple of days so need to concentrate on my businesses - so this might be the final outing for the unofficial spreadsheet…

oh and @clinkadink makes a last minute appearance and can still finish 13th…

(the totals may differ from the official one)

8. A Landscape not in the county in which I live

• An area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB) or NSA (Scotland) :white_check_mark:
  • A 360 degree panorama (hosted on Kuula) :white_check_mark:
  • Drone Scene entry :white_check_mark:
  • A screenshot of your existing or newly added Members’ Map entry :white_check_mark:

Details:

• Drone: Mini 2
  • Date: Monday 29 August 2022

Please with cherries on top can I have 5 points :+1:

1 Like

If you see a Mini 3 flying over Victoria Square in the morning, it’s likely me getting in early for the Pollination Super Garden

No need to grovel, if you deserve five points you will get five points.

Five points :cherries: :cherries: :cherries:

1 Like