The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

Was I dreaming earlier or did I see an entry from @john768 - seems to have gone?

& maybe one from @jon1 ?

11. A Bowling Green

• A match in progress :white_check_mark:
  • All players wearing whites :white_check_mark:
  • The green attached to a pub :x:
  • Drone Scene entry :white_check_mark:

Taken 6th August at 14:38 with my Mini 3 Pro

4 points claimed

Looks like the entire club turned out - and the players on the football pitch are also in white! 4 points :slight_smile:

Red cars on level crossing still there

I can see it now - there were several posts missing when I looked a minute ago.

You did well there.

Yes, we took them away temporarily for framing so we can hang them on the back of the stage at tonight’s awards ceremony, like we did last year.

1 Like

A token entry because I have always been told it’s the taking part that counts:

14. A Funfair - this must be presented as a video of less than 30 seconds

• A Ferris/big wheel in motion :x:
  • Shot at night :white_check_mark:
  • Hyperlapse - time compression of at least 5 to 1 :white_check_mark:

Taken with a Mini 3 Pro on 27 August 2022 at Blackheath, London.

3 points please (if I have got everything above right).

2 Likes

Well done

1 Like

3 points awarded :+1:t2: Fashionably late to the party but welcome to the last few hours :grinning:

1 Like

Can we get a lock in if enough people suddenly appear :joy:

1 Like

are you buying??

I’ll match your contribution :joy:

Down memory Lane…

A uniformed doorman welcomed contestants and their entourages alike to the 2021 awards ceremony in the heart of London’s swanky West End

2 Likes

2. A Dual Carriageway with Red coach or bus (not minibus) / White car / Articulated vehicle with blue truck cab

• All on same carriageway - i.e. heading in same direction :white_check_mark:
  • All in same lane :white_check_mark:
  • No other vehicles in between :white_check_mark:
  • In bus / car /artic order :white_check_mark:

This photo was taken on the 15th August at 10:35 with my Mini 3 Pro.

It was taken in accordance with the drone code and in the spirit of the side tank engine. I have tried to see where it might fall foul of the rules , but I can’t. So a genuine entry in spite of the earlier entry.

As it was a warm day, open top vehicles were discovered on the road!

The road is not a live carriageway - the dual carriageway is better known to locals as the ‘road to nowhere’ in Yate as the plans never quite took off. The road is occasionally used for filming and drone flying :joy:

The road was built in 1974 and has been used in shows such as Casualty for RTAs as it is fairly unique.

5 points claimed

1 Like

Thank you for your entry Ian, and for the additional context given to the location used given earlier entries for this subject.

Unfortunately in your study of the rules, you seem to have neglected a key phrase…

Entries must have been obviously taken from a drone in flight

The test we apply to this is colloquially known as the Aunt Vera test. Show the photo to your Aunt Vera, and ask her what she sees.

If she exclaims “That’s been taken from one of those flipping drones the Daily Mail always warns me about!”, then you’re good to go.

If however her response is more along the lines of “That’s a photo of a load of toys someone has taken from the side of a road”, then the conditions of the test haven’t been met.

We can see from the EXIF data that this was indeed taken by a drone, but the lack of any appreciable altitude means that we are unable to accept your entry. We have disallowed entries previously for similar reasons.

Given that the whole entry has been disallowed, you are of course free to submit another image which complies with the subject requirements and the rules. However we do accept that the looming deadline may make this an impossible task.

2. A Dual Carriageway with Red coach or bus (not minibus) / White car / Articulated vehicle with blue truck cab

• All on same carriageway - i.e. heading in same direction :white_check_mark:
  • All in same lane :white_check_mark:
  • No other vehicles in between :white_check_mark:
  • In bus / car /artic order :white_check_mark:

This photo was taken on the 15th August at 10:35 with my Mini 3 Pro.

It was taken in accordance with the drone code and in the spirit of the side tank engine. I have tried to see where it might fall foul of the rules , but I can’t. So a genuine entry in spite of the earlier entry.

As it was a warm day, open top vehicles were discovered on the road!

The road is not a live carriageway - the dual carriageway is better known to locals as the ‘road to nowhere’ in Yate as the plans never quite took off. The road is occasionally used for filming and drone flying :joy:

The road was built in 1974 and has been used in shows such as Casualty for RTAs as it is fairly unique.

5 points claimed

Voting for the subject for the new season of RTF competitions is now live - here!

3 Likes

Ian, we cannot accept this picture as it does not comply with the requirements, namely:

3. Format
The objective illustrated must be framed as the dominant subject of your image; the judges may disqualify images they consider do not match this requirement

The subject requested is:

While the dual carriageway is obvious the other parts of the subject (not the bonus items) are indistinct. From the angle you have chosen to present them from a drone in flight it is not possible to determine with any certainty what the models represent or their colour.

Your image is therefore rejected

firefox_3Czhns6fVv

Cheeky lol, wish I known about The Road to Nowhere in Yate, considering I only bought those 3 models in Yate shopping centre there this morning at 11am and then did my unsuccessful photo shoot on A38. well done mate, good local knowledge

Ian, we appreciate your Herculean efforts and your ingenuity but unfortunately small scale models ldo not form a dominant pert of the picture when set against a four lane road - and the four lanes have to be seen in order to prove it is a dual carriageway.

You have done your best, as have many others, given constraints of time available and costs involved. This year you have been pipped at the post by a worthy opponent. As you so graciously say, well done to John