The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

Well done to the worthy winners and all that took part and the Challenge team :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats to the winners and well done on taking part to the rest. Hopefully next year I can take part again.

The judges leave the Birthday Challenge and Treasure Hunt Control Room for the last time this year.

When they return in 2023 they would love to build on the experience of this year’s competition. You can help shape the Challenge with your comments in the Great Big GADC Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge Great Big Discussion thread or via this form which allows you to remain anonymous if you wish.

They look forward to hearing from you!

@group-challenges

@Challenges_Committee Will the final table be updated?

Wasn’t given the points for my entry.

Thanks

Sorry. Lack of sleep and a lot of behind the scenes activity over rule interpretations at the time the update should have happened …

Unfortunately the points that have just been finalised still put you in third place :slight_smile:

indeed - I was aware of that. Thanks.

I doubt I will take part next year. Gives others a chance. Becomes a bit boring with the same names year after year.

1 Like

Well done to the winners -heroic stuff- and t’Committee.
I only started flying a few weeks ago and taking part has helped me along the learning curve tremendously. Looking forward to the next RTF.

5 Likes

That’s great to hear Jon. This is exactly the sort of thing that the Birthday Challenge is supposed to do, and I’ve had the benefit of it in the past. Glad you enjoyed it and we hope to see you next year.

4 Likes

Look forward to seeing you in the next RTF. It is a somewhat different and far friendlier animal than the Challenge!

2 Likes

An absolute and massive thanks to the guys behind the scenes. Epic stuff like this doesn’t happen without you :man_bowing:

And to each and everyone that submitted an entry, well done. You all deserve a prize :clap:

Some magnificent stuff guys

1 Like

Thanks for being part of it Darren. See you in the RTF? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No question mark required! I’ve already cast my vote so I’ll be there :+1:

2 Likes

Well done to all winners :+1:

2 Likes

Well done to the winners and the team behind the scenes! Very impressive work by both!

Is it an early entry that gets 4 points? :grin:

2 Likes

Only if we run the same subjects.

Clue: We won’t! :slight_smile:

That’s a shame. I’m still not clear why it didn’t earn 4 points this year but never mind.

When I was a young boy, I always dreamed of being 20th equal in a drone photography treasure hunt challenge, but alas, it seems it was never to be. :grin:

1 Like

I actually forgot to pick up on that in my feedback.

Have put it in the feedback thread. :+1: