The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

As you can see…

1 Like

I agree with Callum great shot Lee

2 Likes

Awesome photo. Love the selective effect option. No wonder Apple are losing market share.

That’s a Lightroom feature. Depending on the shape of the indicator its either a gradient filter, circular or brush. I use a lot of selective edits and a smaller number of whole image changes.

The P20 does shoot in RAW though so it makes edits easier.

So nipped out for a practice flight as it was so calm but sod’s law kicked in when a dark cloud eventual arrived and started to piss on me and it wouldn’t go away. The sun shining all around me at about 2 km out, I was dying for piss and so was doing the “I need to go” dance which I think the rain god answered for once as he was bored.

This just before the rain, but I carried on anyway.

8 Likes

No Zenmuse camera attached @Njoro ? Were you attempting a new speed record entry? :thinking:

When just out practicing “without a planned mission” I never have the camera on just in case I go insane, it’s less expensive. I was practicing back ward figure of 8 and at the same time clocking part of my 2 1/2 hours a month quota.:woozy_face:

No attempt on speed record this time…

1 Like

Here is that rain cloud which presented a good opportunity to test my new strobe mounts.

https://youtu.be/WHDerFwVXdI

1 Like

Edited out the spaces before the YT link to enable the embedded video. :wink:

1 Like

The rape is very early his year, and a great photo subject

17 Likes

Loving that sky :+1:

2 Likes

It’s that HDR the shit out of it moment…

What he said, the original, pre snapseed…

1 Like

Ok you did a little adjustment to the sky
Still a lovely composition

1 Like

Contrasting sky

3 Likes

if you think im walking up all those locks with 2 dodgy knees! heck no! lol hatton locks is great to walk along, wouldnt want to be infront of those gates if they failed (unlikely i know)

3 Likes

Always love capturing those dark skies :ok_hand:

1 Like

Right place, right time, right weather conditions. This is central London caught on an iPhone.

8 Likes

My daughter lives and works in a Monastery and I’ve often said…
The Monks spend their lives in prayer, wearing plain robes of rough hewn cloth, passing their grim lives in silence, surrounded by fields of flowers, glittering water courses full of insects and birdsong, waiting and hoping to hear a voice from God. Yet all around them he speaks to them in myriad voices, yet they hear him not. This photo just about sums it up. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Some amazing pics here! Glad to see everyone sharing the love. I’ll throw my two cents in shall I :joy: I have a Canon 200D and most of these will have been taken with a 50mm f/1.8 at various exposures and apertures. Probably all ISO100.

11 Likes