The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Will do matey will do :partying_face:

@Indy-Garden
‘Kin OUCH……. I feel your pain.
Not a cheap lens to replace either.
Insurance ??
Some home insurance will cover for incidents like that, it’s worth checking.
Rob

Sorrento Port. Hot, hot, hot! :laughing:

2 Likes

Amalfi Coast one of my favourite places

2 Likes

Not, quite, actually.

Amalfi, and it’s coast, is on the southern, “Gulf of Salerno”, side of the Sorrento Peninsula, Sorrento is on the northern “Gulf of Naples” side.

Amalfi Coast …

1 Like

Well its the gateway to that area you will probably travel through Naples and Sorrento first
I will rephrase my post to that whole area of italy is one of my favorite places
Wonder if you could fly a drone over Pompeii

A while before drones when I was there last … and a long time before drones when I was there first … 1964.

You are correct its definitely not a cheep lens, and if the camera also throws issues then the cost is ridiculous. i wont be really certain on that till i get chance to check it on a good lens. and a test card shot for focus.
Its under a yr into a 2yr warranty from canon, but the issue is getting them to accept that it’s the ring failing causing it to be dropped, not dropping it breaking the lens. There is no other exterior damage or marks so I’m keeping me fingers crossed. they say they don’t break… well , mine has.
i’m really trying to find out if others have had the same issue. or if its a one off.

5 Likes

Try posting on an Eos forum (apologies if I’m taking you to suck eggs) they are more likely to have come across the problem. Eos magazine forum is very welcoming.

Thankyou , not thought of that, its a good suggestion.

I heartily recommend Bistro Sorrento if you’re still there. Also, if you can get to Marina di Puolo the beach is lovely and there are some great little restaurants there. If I remember correctly it was a bus ride and a walk down a bit of a steep hill, but well worth it.

Celebrating Fathers Day by hanging out with some steam engines on the North Norfolk Railway today :steam_locomotive:

6 Likes

Really strange coloured sky this evening.
Just keeping an eye out for the Four Horsemen ……

4 Likes

AH 7105 being loaded

4 Likes

Is this yours?

1 Like

She is a lovely beast and I do like steam engines but alas not mine. We were driving past a road and saw her being loaded and stopped and asked if we could take a few pix,

Here is another.

4 Likes

Nice pics. something about steam that fascinates me.I love old engineering

1 Like

This is my friends one he built from scratch everything machined by him

2 Likes

His latest project

5 Likes