The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Out with the lads, but didn’t have the time for a flight despite being offered a free one…

9 Likes

What part of Devon Bob? I’m from Exmouth!

One flight was enough for me but love to watch them catching thermals where we live.

hi!
Mouthmill and Blackchurch Rock | North Devon Coast its in north west Devon between Hartland and CLovelly
well worth a visit!..

1 Like

Cheers Bob ! Did a complete camping trip along the south coast from Exmouth to Lands End then north coast up to Ilfracombe. Wish I had a drone then! :+1:

Cool! my drone is a recent purchase as well. i will have to revisit all my favorite spots this summer!

1 Like

‘Just can’t get away from this lot’…:nerd_face:

8 Likes

First & only plane I built from a kit was the Keil-Kraft glider Kirby Prefect age 11. After that I designed, built & flew large six foot wingspan gliders with varying success. Still love to see model planes, timeless.

1 Like

They make the Inspire look tiny :smiley:

"and those are baby ones"some of the jets are huge!

1 Like

Er-ly in the mo-or-ning, just as the sun was(n’t yet) ri-i-sing …

3 Likes

Playing with a bit of Lumix G9 “in-camera” focus-stacking.
(21 images of varying focus combined in the second image)

5 Likes

A bit of sunrise.

9 Likes

Both great pictures, I love the way you have balanced the sun on a red stick, however did you manage that.
‘Love it’…:clown_face:

4 Likes

That does a pretty good job :+1:

1 Like

Loving the light in the second sunrise :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah - and once it’s “done its thing”, you can actually select the depth of focus you want it to build.

Oh - and, as you can imagine at that time of day, the pics in the stack were all f/2.8.

Impressive, do you choose number of shots or does the camera work that out?

1 Like

The camera works out what you need depending on aperture used.
Not RAW - but frigging high enough res for on-board computing.
Those were hand-held too … it does all the alignment (within limits, obv).

1 Like