The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

@SteveM
Look like expensive paintball guns…

1 Like

Bournemouth Airshow - 2014

16 Likes

Love the first one :astonished::+1:

3 Likes

One from a burst of 10 + perfect weather + perfect blue sky + perfect sunshine angle … and a good length lens. Quite lucky, all the same.

2 Likes

Superb pics Dave.

We’ve got the Scottish air show coming up in a few weeks although it’s just not the same without the Avro Vulcan.

When it flew over my house …

My very last pic of XH558 on 28/10/15 - the last day it flew.

11 Likes

I’m still fond of Thumper, though!
It visited Southampton Airport in Oct 16 - was grounded there because of weather for a few days.
Twitter can be so useful to know when it’s about to move again and get oneself in position. :wink:

13 Likes

One flew over me from RAF Boulmer in Northumberland as it took off from the main runway…I nearly …####
One amazing plane

2 Likes

Very unique. So much a plane of my childhood, too.

2 Likes

Luckily I am on the flight path and saw it many times in those final few years.

I also have a friend who knows the pilot, and he did some very low wing down flights over his home village ;o)

2 Likes

Another passion of mine … anything to do with “Space”.
I find visible passes of the ISS almost impossible to resist going out to watch - and taking pics of that is also fun.
This is a stacked composite of 14 exposures on 11/10/16 taken in my back garden.

8 Likes

I used to have an app that you could track ISS.
Also we only live about 1hr and a half drive from Kielder Observatory - Kielder Observatory is a public outreach astronomical facility located in Kielder Forest, in some of the darkest skies in Europe and the [third largest protected Dark Sky in the world. its amazing

1 Like

The ISS only just makes it as far north as slightly north of me. Luckily that means I get quite a few passes that are directly overhead.
Would be relatively rare for it to get to about 40° elevation in Kielder … and more difficult to see at the more normal ~20° for that latitude.

Some from my phone of my pup from this mornings walk.

12 Likes

Where’s this taken - nice light - dull all day in Essex ?

1 Like

Lovely looking pup by the way

1 Like

Cardiff, it has been not that bad here most of the day.

Thank you, he’s 8 months old now.

Zombie Outbreak Resoonce Team ?

:rofl: Yes, he’s in training :laughing:

Meant Response .

They’re bad ass fun dogs.

5 Likes