The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Went to a garden show in Surrey at the weekend and had to get a shot of this stall holder - no one getting away without paying on his stand!

2 Likes

I’d so want to go up and ask “Where does one pay?”

2 Likes

Coity Castle Double Rainbow.

This image is my non-drone captured double-rainbow. I do have this caught with my drone and don’t recall if I shared it but wanted to encourage those of you still hunting that they do happen… for me, the date was wrong for the comp by 1 day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just a few random pics from Iceland in the last day or two. Top one processed in Snapseed, the others are as shot.

12 Likes

Not Iceland (amazing how quickly you can go off people! :wink: ) … but good old blighty. Southsea, in fact.

The Spitbank Fort - 0.75 miles away - loooong lens!

The landmark on the skyline to the right of the lighthouse is 7.82 miles away! :open_mouth:

That landmark is Ashley Sea Mark …

https://www.wightpedia.org.uk/detail2.php?id=73

4 Likes

I’ve had my dorne within 60 seconds of me for a month now! Still nothing!:man_facepalming:

Bit like crop circles - more of a right place, right time kind of thing I guess.

1 Like

Great picture Lee.

It’s a chore but I have to drag myself out into this hellish environment each day to walk the wee dug. :smile: It was 45 minutes after low water so we investigated the spit that’s forming at Eastoke Point, Hayling Island. Wind gusting to Force 5 so the Mavic stayed warm at home. Winds for the next few days are forecast to be stronger than I will risk flying in :sob:

6 Likes

Nice panoramas, though! :+1:

Very nice Panos

Thanks Barry but I had little to do with it. I took a series of snaps on my phone, got home and they uploaded themselves to Google Photos. By the time I had had a cup of coffee the assistant in Photos had assembled them in a pano. All I did was tweak the contrast and a few other settings and then inflict the pix on this forum

2 Likes

Hey, not nicked from b3ta this time. That’s a positive step! :rofl:
(Sorry - that was irresistible. :wink: )

"Good artists borrow, great artists steal.” - Pablo Picasso :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

In seriousness, though …. I was unaware that Google Photos had these functions …. which is a tad lame of me since their StreetView and images on Maps were the first to really develop 360 imagery.

I need to find time and play.

The assistant is a bit hit and miss. tI does various things almost at random - it will create a stylised phot from one that has been uploaded or makes a collage of similar photos. Sometimes it will make an animation of a set of pictures or pull a segment from a video to make a gif style animation. Even if you take a series of overlapping pictures specifically for a pano it won’t always stitch the images for you. I use it on my desktop for quick and dirty editing, it’s fine for web size and quality pictures.

1 Like

Eeeeek - that kind of taking over would pee me off. I think I’ll give it a wide berth. :wink:

1 Like

Microsoft’s ICE (free) does a good job in stitching, if ever you are looking for an alternative that maintains full resolution, etc. … as does Photoshop and several other non-free.

Just a couple of fun pics from Loro Parc today. Definitely worth a visit :+1:

2 Likes

Some good pics there Lozzer