The Great Big Non-Drone Photo Thread!

Looks like the same height, like a 30cm tripod. Come on … spill the beans Steve :wink:

1 Like

Cherhill Downs, January, Sony ZV-1, edit in PS2021.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, without going through the properties I believe most were shot in fully manual, 20-30 second shutter at around F22 ISO 100, don’t quote me though, I’ve been to sleep since then. :man_facepalming:

Only my Samsung S20Ultra :iphone:

Spot on mate, just a table top tripod, I haven’t yet invested in a nice sturdy big one. (Sounds like something my wife would say) :man_facepalming:

Visit to Hawkridge Reservoir with the SLR this time.

The Flight

8 Likes

8 Likes

Table Mountain - Cape Town. One of my favourite places in the world although I might be a bit biased being a South African. Taken with my Samsung S8 Jan 2018

10 Likes

You dont have to be a Boer to appreciate a good photo. :wink:

worked down there for 6 months, was living near Capetown in a place called Hout Bay, I loved it there.

few shots from my phone unedited

4 Likes

:grin:Thanks for that!! Although been here for longer now than I ever lived there…they call me a “soutpiel” meaning “saltydick” one foot there one foot here and and you know what hanging in the sea :sunglasses:

1 Like

You lucky!! Hout Bay is a beautiful place - being from Joburg I’ve only ever been to Cape Town on holiday…

1968 Morris Minor Traveller

6 Likes

Keeping the Church theme, grabbed this shot about 10 mins ago.

4 Likes

Spent a lot of time down there in my youth, family all back here now (post apartheid).

They were Durban based, fantastic part of the world down that coast, keep saying I’ll take my own kids for a look see

Yes - I spent a lot of time in Natal we used to go to Salt Rock every year over Christmas so I have fond memories of the warm Indian Ocean and miles and miles of wild beaches and lots of sugar cane…

A tidy looking one, too. :+1:

A guy a couple of hundred metres from where I live has one that catches my eye several times each week as I walk past it.

Thought I may actually get a legal town centre shot today, being no one around. Forgot about the ufo thingy right where I wanted to be

5 Likes

Out getting some fresh air this morning.

6 Likes

@MA2flyer Nice shot and really well presented.

Thanks.