The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

No 17 Viaduct (with train). Sankey Viaduct. See the old images on Wikipedia to get an idea how much this site has changed!

3 Likes

Time to get this competition started for me. Because the rules restrict me to my country I can’t even use some from my holibobs starting in 12 days :frowning:

Anyhoo - first up.

1. A Lake - location Margam Park
    Pushing it for a BP but if the wooden platform (bottom right of lake) is considered a jetty then :slight_smile:
6 Likes
  1. A dronie
    Location: Capel Mair (http://www.cistercianway.wales/directory/margam-neath/margam-afan-argoed/capel-mair/)

6 Likes
  1. A church
    BP push: MA used to have a bell tower but the then owner of Margam Park estate insisted teh church shouldn’t be seen above the roof-line of his Orangery… http://www.margamabbey.co.uk/page9.html shows proof of then bell tower :slight_smile:

5 Likes
  1. Castle
    It has neither a moat nor a drawbridge but it has several lakes, a narrow gauge railway, deer herds, etc, etc :slight_smile: and of course, the world’s coolest flag (official) on display…

8 Likes
  1. Canal Lock
    Naburn Lock York.
    Taken this morning during a pleasant meet with Chris and Paul

7 Likes
  1. Yourself.

Good banter this morning with Chris and Paul.

9 Likes

12 Monument
Location - by Margam Abbey
BP - no specific wikipedia page but a general one: Category:War memorials in Neath Port Talbot - Wikimedia Commons

1 Like

24 Wildcard Entry over 100yrs old.
What: Remains of Cistercian abbey chapter house

Pretty sure this qualifies for over 100yrs - been around since the 15th century but it has seen better days, lol. http://www.monasticwales.org/site/30

6 Likes

That’s meant to say 15th century…!

It does … now. :wink:

2 Likes

Number 1 - lock with a (tiny) boat in it. Culham lock, Oxfordshire

4 Likes

7 - Steam train with other train, both moving. Possibly the worst video I’ve ever made! Didcot Railway Centre.

4 Likes

I’ve had to rush some for this, it’s content for these not quality. I’m about to review my stuff from today. Dodging seagulls doesn’t make for good videoing conditions. :rofl:

2 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

Welcoming @Renni-Aire, @stubbyd and @la4501 to the competition! :smiley:

Congrats also to @stubbyd for getting the first Dronie :clap:t2:

And congrats also to @la4501 for getting multiple members in a dronie shot :smiley:

3 Likes

The windmill at Lytham St Annes, pain in the rear to get as it is nestled between 2 NFZ, one for Warton and one for Blackpool. it’s actually in the Warton one but they are shut on a Saturday so the gave permission yesterday for me to fly today, and Blackpool were cool as I gave them a courtesy call. the other issues it is Lytham Festival this weekend and the have built the arena around it., and even though I removed the NFZ through the DJI assist it still wouldn’t let me take off, luckily or was it a sixth sense I had my Typhoon H with me.

2 Likes

Number 14 Sandy beach, taken today in Paris (honest) you can see the tower on the background.
I had to dodge the seagulls on blackpool beach to get this one of the beach at north shore blackpool, including North Pier.

2 Likes

Went out yesterday to start the challenge.

Wind Turbine, 11 in shot.
Taken 13/7 Withernwick,East Yorkshire.

2 Likes

Viaduct with train.
Taken 13/7 Ribblehead Viaduct, North Yorkshire

6 Likes

Church with bell tower.
Taken 13/7 St Michael & All Angles, Downholme, North Yorkshire.

3 Likes