The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Nice.:heart_eyes:

13 - Monument - Admiral Rodney’s Pillar, Breidden Hill, Criggion, Mid Wales
Taken today 12/7/19
Excellent spot for flying - will add to Dronescene

Wikipedia Link Admiral Rodney's Pillar - Wikipedia

5 Likes

No7 Steam Train - Severn Valley Railway - Hampton Loade 12/7

Have to seriously work on my panning and all round video skills! Let alone PremierPro…

But here you go - steam engine and diesel

3 Likes

Great I still working on that one.

Leaderboard updated!

@lee welcome to the competition :clap:t2:

@leeheyes I spent many a childhood school trip at Arundel castle :blush:

@Klokman Sorry but we sadly can’t award an additional bonus point for this entry as the other train doesn’t appear to be moving :confused: The entry itself is valid and has been added to the leaderboard, but the criteria for the bonus point are that the other train is also on the move. Sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Rich, I know hugely frustrating but nothing I can do, it’s a single line and they only cross when at a station and apparently having spoken to a volunteer only one train can leave at a time. Rules are rules :grin: it was fun enough getting that shot! Now I need to learn how to not just take stills!

2 Likes

Some great shots being posted and points being gained. Now back from holidays and need to do some catching up - early mornings here I come!

2 Likes

So, I am still here, so thanks for getting me off my butt to join in again.

Since we’re in the land of castles this weekend I was up early for a pic of Abergavenny castle. Probably not particularly notable in itself, but I did bump into another drone pilot here with a Karma - first one I’ve seen.

Anyway, the original castle was built around 1080, but the current red sandstone one was built around 1190 (well according to Wikipedia anyway) with a few extensions since, including the central hunting lodge which, it seems, you can now stay in

6 Likes

Good to see you’re still around Colin @Renni-Aire :+1:t2:

Nice to see you Colin, to see you, nice

No18 - Windmill with sails - North Leverton, near Retford, Nottinghamshire. Taken this morning just before 7am. Showing West Powerstation in the background :

4 Likes

No17 - Viaduct - Bawtry Viaduct, near Doncaster with Train. Photo taken this morning alittle after 7am. :

5 Likes

No 17 Viaduct (with train). Sankey Viaduct. See the old images on Wikipedia to get an idea how much this site has changed!

3 Likes

Time to get this competition started for me. Because the rules restrict me to my country I can’t even use some from my holibobs starting in 12 days :frowning:

Anyhoo - first up.

1. A Lake - location Margam Park
    Pushing it for a BP but if the wooden platform (bottom right of lake) is considered a jetty then :slight_smile:
6 Likes
  1. A dronie
    Location: Capel Mair (http://www.cistercianway.wales/directory/margam-neath/margam-afan-argoed/capel-mair/)

6 Likes
  1. A church
    BP push: MA used to have a bell tower but the then owner of Margam Park estate insisted teh church shouldn’t be seen above the roof-line of his Orangery… http://www.margamabbey.co.uk/page9.html shows proof of then bell tower :slight_smile:

5 Likes
  1. Castle
    It has neither a moat nor a drawbridge but it has several lakes, a narrow gauge railway, deer herds, etc, etc :slight_smile: and of course, the world’s coolest flag (official) on display…

8 Likes
  1. Canal Lock
    Naburn Lock York.
    Taken this morning during a pleasant meet with Chris and Paul

7 Likes
  1. Yourself.

Good banter this morning with Chris and Paul.

9 Likes

12 Monument
Location - by Margam Abbey
BP - no specific wikipedia page but a general one: Category:War memorials in Neath Port Talbot - Wikimedia Commons

1 Like