The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

It does … now. :wink:

2 Likes

Number 1 - lock with a (tiny) boat in it. Culham lock, Oxfordshire

4 Likes

7 - Steam train with other train, both moving. Possibly the worst video I’ve ever made! Didcot Railway Centre.

4 Likes

I’ve had to rush some for this, it’s content for these not quality. I’m about to review my stuff from today. Dodging seagulls doesn’t make for good videoing conditions. :rofl:

2 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

Welcoming @Renni-Aire, @stubbyd and @la4501 to the competition! :smiley:

Congrats also to @stubbyd for getting the first Dronie :clap:t2:

And congrats also to @la4501 for getting multiple members in a dronie shot :smiley:

3 Likes

The windmill at Lytham St Annes, pain in the rear to get as it is nestled between 2 NFZ, one for Warton and one for Blackpool. it’s actually in the Warton one but they are shut on a Saturday so the gave permission yesterday for me to fly today, and Blackpool were cool as I gave them a courtesy call. the other issues it is Lytham Festival this weekend and the have built the arena around it., and even though I removed the NFZ through the DJI assist it still wouldn’t let me take off, luckily or was it a sixth sense I had my Typhoon H with me.

2 Likes

Number 14 Sandy beach, taken today in Paris (honest) you can see the tower on the background.
I had to dodge the seagulls on blackpool beach to get this one of the beach at north shore blackpool, including North Pier.

2 Likes

Went out yesterday to start the challenge.

Wind Turbine, 11 in shot.
Taken 13/7 Withernwick,East Yorkshire.

2 Likes

Viaduct with train.
Taken 13/7 Ribblehead Viaduct, North Yorkshire

6 Likes

Church with bell tower.
Taken 13/7 St Michael & All Angles, Downholme, North Yorkshire.

3 Likes

Sun’s reflection in water, with the added bonus of clouds. taken this morning at 07:55 on the river Lune at Lancaster by the Salt Ayre leisure centre

4 Likes

Clock Tower showing 7am

Taken 13/7 Scarborough, North Yorkshire

5 Likes

One of the hardest to get
Suspension Bridge with 4 Towers

Taken 13/7 Whorlton Suspension Bridge, County Durham.
It is Britain’s oldest suspension bridge relying on original chainwork.

6 Likes

Last time I was up there I nearly lost my Tarot 680 as a bank of fog came up the valley, thank god for RTH.:wink:

Last time I was there we were the only ones around. Yesterday it was heaving. Cars parked all over the place :open_mouth:

1 Like

I can see 13 :wink:

Just got up. Blurry eyes, no glasses :grin:

1 Like

Same here, I first thought there were more than that, love the viaduct.

1 Like

Item 8 - Church (with Bell Tower for Bonus Point)

Portsmouth Cathedral has a very interesting Bell Tower that resembles a Dove Cote and is known by some as Dove Tower. It has 12 bells.

3 Likes

Item 16 - Tall building ( bonus point for more than 20 floors)

My second image taken this morning with the sun desperately trying to break through in the background. This is the East Side Plaza Building, also ‘Lipstick Tower’, located in Gunwharf, Portsmouth. It has 26 floors.

2 Likes