The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

24 Wildcard Entry over 100yrs old.
What: Remains of Cistercian abbey chapter house

Pretty sure this qualifies for over 100yrs - been around since the 15th century but it has seen better days, lol. http://www.monasticwales.org/site/30

6 Likes

That’s meant to say 15th century…!

It does … now. :wink:

2 Likes

Number 1 - lock with a (tiny) boat in it. Culham lock, Oxfordshire

4 Likes

7 - Steam train with other train, both moving. Possibly the worst video I’ve ever made! Didcot Railway Centre.

4 Likes

I’ve had to rush some for this, it’s content for these not quality. I’m about to review my stuff from today. Dodging seagulls doesn’t make for good videoing conditions. :rofl:

2 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

Welcoming @Renni-Aire, @stubbyd and @la4501 to the competition! :smiley:

Congrats also to @stubbyd for getting the first Dronie :clap:t2:

And congrats also to @la4501 for getting multiple members in a dronie shot :smiley:

3 Likes

The windmill at Lytham St Annes, pain in the rear to get as it is nestled between 2 NFZ, one for Warton and one for Blackpool. it’s actually in the Warton one but they are shut on a Saturday so the gave permission yesterday for me to fly today, and Blackpool were cool as I gave them a courtesy call. the other issues it is Lytham Festival this weekend and the have built the arena around it., and even though I removed the NFZ through the DJI assist it still wouldn’t let me take off, luckily or was it a sixth sense I had my Typhoon H with me.

2 Likes

Number 14 Sandy beach, taken today in Paris (honest) you can see the tower on the background.
I had to dodge the seagulls on blackpool beach to get this one of the beach at north shore blackpool, including North Pier.

2 Likes

Went out yesterday to start the challenge.

Wind Turbine, 11 in shot.
Taken 13/7 Withernwick,East Yorkshire.

2 Likes

Viaduct with train.
Taken 13/7 Ribblehead Viaduct, North Yorkshire

6 Likes

Church with bell tower.
Taken 13/7 St Michael & All Angles, Downholme, North Yorkshire.

3 Likes

Sun’s reflection in water, with the added bonus of clouds. taken this morning at 07:55 on the river Lune at Lancaster by the Salt Ayre leisure centre

4 Likes

Clock Tower showing 7am

Taken 13/7 Scarborough, North Yorkshire

5 Likes

One of the hardest to get
Suspension Bridge with 4 Towers

Taken 13/7 Whorlton Suspension Bridge, County Durham.
It is Britain’s oldest suspension bridge relying on original chainwork.

6 Likes

Last time I was up there I nearly lost my Tarot 680 as a bank of fog came up the valley, thank god for RTH.:wink:

Last time I was there we were the only ones around. Yesterday it was heaving. Cars parked all over the place :open_mouth:

1 Like

I can see 13 :wink:

Just got up. Blurry eyes, no glasses :grin:

1 Like

Same here, I first thought there were more than that, love the viaduct.

1 Like