The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

That probably means me heading down the rankings :rofl::rofl:

I love Beaumaris Castle but last time I visited I only had my DSLR - love this aerial view.

It’ll be even nicer if they ever finish it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Congratulations and a great image to boot :+1:

1 Like

Something 100 Years Old - Old Oswestry Hill Fort. Taken this morning around 8am, Oswestry, Shropshire.
Probably a little bit of overkill on the 100 year front :grinning:
Old Oswestry was built and occupied during the Iron Age (800 BC to AD 43) and is one of the best-preserved hillforts in Britain. During this period Britain was divided into numerous tribal territories, and the hillfort was probably a stronghold and principal settlement for one of these. A fine example of a ‘multi-vallate’ or multiple rampart hillfort, it is one of a dense band of hillforts in eastern Wales and the Marches. It remained in use for almost 1,000 years.

“they don’t build them like they used to!”

7 Likes

Tennis court with people playing. taken at Lancaster university

1 Like

Lol… Show off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

This is Wigginton church, vaguely between Banbury and Hook Norton (or Fair Lady and More Than Fair Beer) in Oxfordshire

The church was originally built about 1300, but had serious remodelling in in the 1880s. There are six bells in the tower, though originally there were only 3 - the other 3 were added by a bit of recasting in 1998.

The only other thing of note is that so far this has been a very green challenge - I’ve either walked or cycled to the locations :grinning:

4 Likes

You sure you have not ridden your “Cock Horse”, Colin?

‘Fraid not, and before anybody says it I don’t have ring on my fingers or bells on my toes either!

2 Likes

:+1:

Leader-board updated!

A few extra points here and there.

@Renni-Aire moves up from 14th to 12= and @lee drops from 13th to 14th

Shouldn’t I have 42 points the answer to life the universe and everything?

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think there will be many submissions today from the NW. Peeing down.:cry:

1 Like

A ray of late evening sunshine sneaking under the edge of the clouds, just before sunset = rainbows. :wink:

1 Like

Get that setting sun behind thee!

1 Like

Can I ask @GADC_Committee how close do you have to be for the tall building?
I have a couple in mind but getting close legally is not possible.
So in other words, how far is too far away?

As long as the building is centred in your shot and identifiable as a tall building.

We dont expect people to get up close but at the same time a shot with a spec in the distance wouldnt be eligible.

As close as legally possible would be preferred, whatever distance that may be.

1 Like

I would add that it must be possible to visually confirm the number of floors to be > 10, 20, 30 etc. :+1:

2 Likes