The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Leader-board not updated! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you both, idea scrapped, found another but too far to travel for just one bonus point.

Suspension bridge (3 towers) Mersey gateway, taken this morning at 5:45 this morning, slightly rainy but not too much not to launch and get this

taken from the grass here

Tall building, over 10 story’s, it’s actually 40 story so bonus for 20 and bonus for 30,. Do I get another for doing 40:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: It’s west tower Liverpool taken this morning at 05:10. I actually got up at 3:30 this morning to drive down and get this while it was quite so it wouldn’t be classed as congested.

I took off right in the quay

Castle Semple Loch. 28/07 @ 5pm - with the piers used by the sailing club.

4 Likes

Dunlop Kirk, Ayrshire… with its bell tower. 28/07@17:30

3 Likes

Item 25: Something ever 100 years old. Birnbeck Pier, Weston-Super-Mare it was opened in 1867 but was closed to the public in 1994 as it became largely derelict. Image was taken 14/07/19 Birnbeck Pier - Wikipedia

5 Likes

Sandy Beach with pier
Taken 28/7 Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire

2 Likes

A Castle with Moat
Taken 28/7 Baconsthorpe Castle,Norfolk

2 Likes

Solar Farm around 150 acres
Taken 28/7 Wymeswold solar farm, Leicestershire

Not the best day for flying, low cloud, drizzle and windy.
Kept getting constant high wind warnings, attitude warnings and my little Mavic Air was really struggling to hold position without input from me.
Glad to get down :sweat:

2 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

This update sees @stevesb move up to second place and @Rezzmo move up to 4th place!

We also welcome @DiamondDragon to the competition too :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re getting about a bit. :+1:

Just a bit.
Other half thinks I’m mad. Not for the first time :grin:
She is coming along with me though. What does that make her?

1 Like

A stalker? :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Somerton lock on the Oxford Canal with, as luck would have it, a boat in it. And a nice ride along the canal towpath to get to it :grinning:

3 Likes

A bit further down the canal is Aynho viaduct. The railway line splits here - at the lower level, it’s the line to Oxford and Didcot, while across the viaduct it’s the Chiltern line down to Marylebone via High Wycombe.

I’m guessing the train is on the wrong bit of railway for a bonus point?!

1 Like

Laigh Milton Viaduct, Ayrshire (29/07@8pm)

1 Like

Lil ol’ me. 29/07@9pm (stood on Laigh Milton Viaduct)

Lovely pic… Weird coincidence :+1:

1 Like