The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

You sure you have not ridden your “Cock Horse”, Colin?

‘Fraid not, and before anybody says it I don’t have ring on my fingers or bells on my toes either!

2 Likes

:+1:

Leader-board updated!

A few extra points here and there.

@Renni-Aire moves up from 14th to 12= and @lee drops from 13th to 14th

Shouldn’t I have 42 points the answer to life the universe and everything?

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think there will be many submissions today from the NW. Peeing down.:cry:

1 Like

A ray of late evening sunshine sneaking under the edge of the clouds, just before sunset = rainbows. :wink:

1 Like

Get that setting sun behind thee!

1 Like

Can I ask @GADC_Committee how close do you have to be for the tall building?
I have a couple in mind but getting close legally is not possible.
So in other words, how far is too far away?

As long as the building is centred in your shot and identifiable as a tall building.

We dont expect people to get up close but at the same time a shot with a spec in the distance wouldnt be eligible.

As close as legally possible would be preferred, whatever distance that may be.

1 Like

I would add that it must be possible to visually confirm the number of floors to be > 10, 20, 30 etc. :+1:

2 Likes

Leader-board not updated! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you both, idea scrapped, found another but too far to travel for just one bonus point.

Suspension bridge (3 towers) Mersey gateway, taken this morning at 5:45 this morning, slightly rainy but not too much not to launch and get this

taken from the grass here

Tall building, over 10 story’s, it’s actually 40 story so bonus for 20 and bonus for 30,. Do I get another for doing 40:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: It’s west tower Liverpool taken this morning at 05:10. I actually got up at 3:30 this morning to drive down and get this while it was quite so it wouldn’t be classed as congested.

I took off right in the quay

Castle Semple Loch. 28/07 @ 5pm - with the piers used by the sailing club.

4 Likes

Dunlop Kirk, Ayrshire… with its bell tower. 28/07@17:30

3 Likes

Item 25: Something ever 100 years old. Birnbeck Pier, Weston-Super-Mare it was opened in 1867 but was closed to the public in 1994 as it became largely derelict. Image was taken 14/07/19 Birnbeck Pier - Wikipedia

5 Likes

Sandy Beach with pier
Taken 28/7 Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire

2 Likes