The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

thats a hosebow lol :joy: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Then you are perfectly poised for the first entry in a future challenge … should “Rainbow effects” be required. :+1:

1 Like

Aah well, you can’t blame a man for trying :rofl:
Thanks for considering :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Damn, I was going to copy that one @Klokman :wink::rofl:

1 Like

So was I.:rofl:

Let’s face it… We all were… So although a scientifically dubious decision (meteorology is the study of atmosphere, not natural weather), we all need to go try and find a rainbow! Weather near me might make it possible but I’m highly dubious. Good luck guys :+1:

2 Likes

Seriously? :face_with_monocle:

Come on guys…

When someone says, “Look at that rainbow!” you don’t all immediately start scanning the garden looking for someone using a hosepipe…

No more than news papers publish articles about crop circles, you’d be scratching your heads thinking, “WTF is this!?” if they’d published a picture of a circular field, or a bale of hay, alongside it.

We had hoped that the descriptions were clear enough, please don’t try to reinterpret them in to something they’re not :blush:

If you need clarification or have any questions about the meaning of any items on the list, just ask before submitting :+1:t2:

4 Likes

It’s having these ‘got to be lucky shots’ included that challenges the planning :wink:

Only a light bit of fun! :blush:

2 Likes

Post #RainbowGate ….

Leader-board updated!

@anon52324101 sneaks up to 1 point behind @Klokman … who remains in the lead.

Welcome to the fray, @scullninio, who enters the leader-board with a single point to join @Renni-Aire in 13=. :+1:

Not sure why you’re surprised by this attempt tbh… Obviously we’d all like to submit a ‘real’ rainbow if we could but entering freak weather conditions like rainbows and fog (in the middle of summer) into a time sensitive competition like this is only going to result in the entrants being forced to think creatively… I think it was a fair attempt and he (we?) asked a question about validity and we got an answer… I guess I won’t be hiring those 35 industrial dry ice machines either then :wink:

Hopefully at least some of us will get lucky… :+1:

3 Likes

Anyone want to buy 5 bales of hay (unused)? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Rofl :rofl:

Show offs!

2 Likes

I was going to get my lad to build a sand castle with a moat and drawbridge on the beach, won’t bother now. :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe next year we’ll run a ‘Best Interpretation’ competition? :thinking:

That could be quite fun :blush:

It could also get wildly out of control as people push their imaginations to the limit :rofl:

Anyway!

Back on topic… :blush:

4 Likes

Had the comp started a few weeks back then I would have been that “lucky” person… was out with my drone when it started to spit with rain, turned round and there’s this double rainbow. Snapped with drone, snapped with camera… just the wrong date :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shame! Did you post the pics?

Heard a rumour that the flying scotsman was in the area today, so went down to Preston in the hope of getting it. I did, and I was hoping another train would pass, and it didn’t. I came back up to Lancaster as I was hoping to film it crossing the bridge across the lune with lanacaster castle in the background. god it was windy. but I got a shot just see the vid, not the shot I wanted but it will do for this. so I didn’t get a steam train, I got THE steam train with another train moving in the same shot.:rofl:

taken here

4 Likes

Looks like I need a quick trip to Minnesota! :rofl:

1 Like