The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

With courts that colour? Never! :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent video, well done!

Leaderboard updated!

Minor point changes.

@Klokman further extends his lead by an additional 2 points.

@lee leapfrogs @la4501 to take his 11th place.

Nice! Were you looking for a pier on that beach too? :rofl:

Entry for #6 - The sun’s reflection in water (with clouds). Taken at one of the Bury Lakes in Rickmansworth, July 16th. Once I saw the picture in post-prodction, I thought about attaching a fishing line and going back :crazy_face:

3 Likes

A dronie, with a friend who has a phantom 3 advanced, taken on Tuesday the 16th July at roseberry topping.

3 Likes

Double Rainbow - I’ve been trying to get this shot for the last two weeks, via a variety of Agricultural Irrigation systems, sun positions and backgrounds - nada, apart from proving the all weather capability of the M2P and my ability to withstand a water cannon!
So reverted tonight (18/7, around 6.30 somewhere in TF10), to back garden physics, 1 daughter, 1 hosepipe and a low sun behind me - voila Double Rainbows. Hopefully acceptable nothing seemed to indicate it had to be a meteorological rainbow(s).
Hope you all like!

4 Likes

Lol, I had the exact same idea! Was practising last week. Then saw we’re due some thundery weather with sun so fingers crossed. :+1:

2 Likes

Sorry @Klokman but we cannot accept this entry as a rainbow.

1 Like

Without questioning the committees knowledge and expertise :grin:, can I please ask why not?

A rainbow is a meteorological phenomenon ….

lots of carp sunning themselves did you show the fishermen in their bivvys ?

1 Like

There were a few. You can see at least one in the picture. I was quick and stayed high as to try and not disturb them too much

Wasn’t sure if I would be p*ssing them off so no, didn’t show them :rofl:

It might of pissed them off if they wasnt catching considering they had forty odd carp out in front of them
if I was fishing there I would of been interested the fish didn’t looked spooked coz they still on surface

1 Like

You make a really good point :grin:… Not very sporting though :wink:

Bound to be a few ££ in spotting the shoal for them :rofl:

1 Like

Perhaps I could offer Croc Dundee services and drop dynamite into the lake for them :wink:

well lots of carp fisherman use bait boats to take their lines and bait out and climb trees to locate carp so it won’t be long and they will be using drones if they aint already i thought of it polarised filter and arial view a good advantage

1 Like

Deep breath, not wanting to create trouble but last plea…
From the same Wikipedia page…
“The rainbow effect is also commonly seen near waterfalls or fountains. In addition, the effect can be artificially created by dispersing water droplets into the air during a sunny day.”
Surely that’s exactly what I did…

I prostrate myself before you :bowing_man: and ask for a reconsideration :pray::pray: :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes