The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

My last submission cos the money has run out :frowning:

Item 20. A recreational lake. – Must have at least one of: Paddle Boat, Sailing Boat, Windsurfer, Kite Surfer, Water Skier, Wakeboarder in the same shot.

As requested, one waterskier.

Taken at 50.845886 -0.749950 on Sunday August 9th, 2020. The video shows Chichester Aqua Park, Westhampnett which offers Wakeboarding (boat & cable 2.0), Waterskiing, Monoskiing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Kayaking.Except the watersports enthusiasts stayed home because of the impending rain. A lone skier appeared briefly.

This location is within the flight restriction zone for Chichester / Goodwood Aerodrome (EGHR), the former RAF Westhampnett. I had applied for permission to fly within their zone a week previously but got twitchy by Thursday afternoon when no reply to my email, sent through their website as requested. The airfield manager was working from home, he rang me back apologised and asked me to resend details. Did so, permission granted.

Reported in when on site on Sunday. The controller appeared pleased to hear from me and told me that, due to the low cloudbase there was no traffic expected for the day. After 90 minutes rain loomed so I called it a day, rang ATC, thanked her for looking after me and keeping all the aircraft clear and left, dreams of three or more points shattered.

5 Likes