The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Rob, I do take my hat of to you for what you’ve achieved, truly is amazing.
I have a close friend who is recovering and I’ve seen what’s involved. So massive well done…

The competition is only supposed to be fun, I know I’ve got shirty once or twice over my “missing points” But we all have a competitive side… even lost one point over this same topic, I could of drunk it but I can’t stand the stuff, but there was nothing saying I couldn’t of pretended specially from a drone perspective at height.

Just my thoughts :thought_balloon:

1 Like

@macspite has accepted the judges decision,
Why is it being discussed now? This is GADC not FB :thinking:

Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes::grimacing::grimacing: What have I started…

Think I owe pingspike a apology as I had a bit of moan last night. Sorry bud

No 22 Car boot sale
– Bonus point if more than 50 stalls clearly identifiable
Going to football this morning past the northcave car boot and market and got this. 8.35am this morning from B1230 Newport Rd.

If I’m still allowed in the competition from my mouth sorry guys.

6 Likes

Number 22, car boot sale, taken today at Bordon Country Market.
Bonus point for more than 50 stalls

5 Likes

Meondrone good old style car boot that one there best.

Good boot sale just a bit warm today. 20 degrees at 6am, 30 degrees at 11am. Shouldn’t moan, £250 for selling a load of old tat :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thats good going £250 :+1:

3 Likes

Just to make things clear. I didn’t have any intention of causing controversy with my entry for a vineyard. The judges have considered my request for a bonus and turned it down. Them’s the rules - and the competition is a bit of (sometimes serious) fun. So I’m perfectly happy with the decision.

The reason for mentioning my addiction was an oblique attempt to give some encouragement to those in here who suffer from the same disease, it CAN be kept at bay even if never conquered.

12 Likes

You’re a big man Rob.
Everyone knows you didn’t want to blag a bonus point.
Me? I like giving the admins a headache :rofl: stoke the fire. Naughty I know, but it’s the cheekiness in me

5 Likes

let’s move on to the fun of the competition and site :wink:
Your all great people on here. :grin:

5 Likes

Full Leader-board updated.

[1] @McSteamy2010 [35 points]
[2] @Neil79 [26 points]
[3] @Steviegeek [23 points]
[4] @macspite [20 points]
[5] @Fatboy [18 points]
[6] @lee [17 points]
[7] @stevesb [14 points]
[8] @kvetner [12 points]
[9] @Meondrone [11 points]
[10=] @scorps [8 points]
[10=] @JoeC [8 points]
[12=] @TonyDM [4 points]
[12=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[14] @Jhdee [2 points]

(E&OE)

4 Likes

My submission for item 18: An RAF airfield
– Must have been last used for any flying activities on/before 31/12/1949 - built 1940, closed 1947

I claim a bonus point as the original Control Tower building still exists, Taken Sunday 09/08/2020 at 0805 400 yards north of Moyles Court School, Ringwood BH24 3NF

Farmland requisitioned fir an airfield, concrete runways laid over rubble from the Southampton blitz. The airfield and some of the real-life pilots appeared in the wartime propaganda film “The First of the Few”.

Closed at the end of the war and taken up by a local car club. The perimeter track was, unusually for a race circuit. run anticlockwise. It attracted drivers of the calibre of Roy Salvadori, Cokin Chapman and Mike Hawthorn. The land was stripped for gravel when the circuit clsed; the resulting lakes include a nature reserve and a watersports area.

7 Likes

My submission for item 11: A brewery or distillery - Ringwood Brewery, 138 Christchurch Rd, Ringwood BH24 3AP, photographed at 07:40, Sunday 09/08/2020

I claim a bonus point for Brewery Name clearly visible on a truck* (three visible)

The brewery is rather more attractive from the front but the brewery name is not visible from that angle. Once an independent the brewery was bought by Marston’s who at least seem to have the sense to allow their once separate brands to carry on brewing in their own ways to produce individual beers.

3 Likes

He’s at it again lads.
Sorry. I’ll keep my trap shut from now on

4 Likes

Used to use Ibsley VOR beacon back in the 70s/90s.

Bet you a bonus point you can’t :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I wonder if they saw any drones today. :wink:

3 Likes

:scream: