The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Nice collage (and a sneaky way to get 9 seconds of video into a 30 second slot :slight_smile: )

Where is all the boat traffic nowadays? I would have though a narrow boat holiday would be ideal for a family social distancing from other people.

2 Likes

or 90, even. :wink:

Total of 3 minutes of video, at 2x speed and 3x parallel!

2 Likes

Combination of cheap keyboard with little feedback and failing eyesight, Dave.

1 Like

Thats where I was planning on going for the locks. May still do :joy:

1 Like

Love the effect on that, different, quirky and very subject suitable :clap::clap:
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think that’s unfair and you should be encouraged not penalized for that well done for staying dry
And well done for telling the truth
It’s a bit jobs worth to deny you that
You can have all my points as I won’t be doing any more in this comp

In fact I think the decision against you is nasty
You should be supported and encouraged

2 Likes

True,and i have to say that @macspite had the option,but had the sense,not to undo all his hard work… Alcohol is very difficult to control,and i ,like Rob,know this first hand,I think he SHOULD be given the points,for his honesty alone.just my 2 cents worth.

2 Likes

macspite I don’t alway fully read all the entries into the competition but I have just realised why you didn’t drink at the vineyard and I’d like to ask the judges to reevaluate this. Its one bonus point and I’d like to think where in this for the fun.
Yes everyone has a competitive side but let’s not lose ourselves.
I do appreciate what the judges say and understand we have to follow rules but in this case it would be good to give the point.
:wink:

2 Likes
  • Macspite gets a bonus point for showing honesty, moral fibre, restraint and being an all round nice guy
  • No point cos I’m mean

0 voters

Rob, I do take my hat of to you for what you’ve achieved, truly is amazing.
I have a close friend who is recovering and I’ve seen what’s involved. So massive well done…

The competition is only supposed to be fun, I know I’ve got shirty once or twice over my “missing points” But we all have a competitive side… even lost one point over this same topic, I could of drunk it but I can’t stand the stuff, but there was nothing saying I couldn’t of pretended specially from a drone perspective at height.

Just my thoughts :thought_balloon:

1 Like

@macspite has accepted the judges decision,
Why is it being discussed now? This is GADC not FB :thinking:

Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes::grimacing::grimacing: What have I started…

Think I owe pingspike a apology as I had a bit of moan last night. Sorry bud

No 22 Car boot sale
– Bonus point if more than 50 stalls clearly identifiable
Going to football this morning past the northcave car boot and market and got this. 8.35am this morning from B1230 Newport Rd.

If I’m still allowed in the competition from my mouth sorry guys.

6 Likes

Number 22, car boot sale, taken today at Bordon Country Market.
Bonus point for more than 50 stalls

5 Likes

Meondrone good old style car boot that one there best.

Good boot sale just a bit warm today. 20 degrees at 6am, 30 degrees at 11am. Shouldn’t moan, £250 for selling a load of old tat :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thats good going £250 :+1:

3 Likes

Just to make things clear. I didn’t have any intention of causing controversy with my entry for a vineyard. The judges have considered my request for a bonus and turned it down. Them’s the rules - and the competition is a bit of (sometimes serious) fun. So I’m perfectly happy with the decision.

The reason for mentioning my addiction was an oblique attempt to give some encouragement to those in here who suffer from the same disease, it CAN be kept at bay even if never conquered.

12 Likes