The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

My submission for item 9: VW Camper van (Type 1) - I give you a choice of two, both splitties so I claim the bonus point for both being split-screen

Unfortunately neither brought a surfboard for a day in the New Forest. Taken at Burley Manor Park on Sunday 09/08/2020 at 15:25.

I had turned up first at 09:30, having met the organiser when she encouraged a number of VW campers onto hHayling Island the previous weekend and been told that, although Hayling had no splitties there would be several at Burley. There weren’t

I was then told that they would be turning up later and if I turned up around 15:30 everyone would still be there for prize-giving. So, having failed to fond a Romany caravan in Poole and not seeing more than two boats n a whole flight of 15 locks I drove back to Burley. Lots of traffic was coming the other way as I got close to the village. Every second vehicle seemed to be a VW camper.

But I made a rushed, quick and dirty flight to grab the last two before they went to join the traffic jams on the areas main routes.

Two points please :slight_smile:

7 Likes