The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Flying ceased before 1949. It was a council owned airfield originally then the RAF moved in for the war. I suppose based on that technically not an RAF purpose built airfield.

1 Like

Was it called RAF Paulsfield or similar ?

2 Likes

Clifton moor

1 Like

Looks like you’re in luck :wink:

Ahhh, the home of my favourite 6am fast food breakfasts :drooling_face:

Congrats btw to @McSteamy2010 and @stevesb for kicking things off in less than 24hrs of the challenge being announced :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Do you you get over to our neck of the woods regular Rich?

Shame the roads around it are a permanent car park :frowning:

Very educational that page. Was reading it yesterday. The midland hotel in Morecambe was raf Morecambe as it was requisitioned as a hospital.

2 Likes

Yeah I found out that a industrial estate that u go to very regularly used to be RNAS Ringtail with 3 runways still visible and multiple hangers still used by local farmers. Unfortunately it closed in the 50s :man_facepalming:

Not really Royal Air Force either :slight_smile:

I’m having similar problems - most local airfields either closed and became airports, stayed open till the sixties or are in FRZs. And living in the soft south the industrial revolution din’t impinge on our way of life so we are a little bit light on t’mines, t’canals and t’mills.

Can’t swing a club without hitting a golf course, mind …

3 Likes

Nottingham Train Station shot this evening. With 5 platforms however only 4 trains :frowning:

7 Likes

True, they had planes :roll_eyes: :man_shrugging:

We have quite alot near me too, one within couple of hundred metres.

I can tell alot of thought has gone into setting this up to make it fun and challenging.

1 Like

If you only knew ;o)

2 Likes

Leader-boad updated.

@Drones-CL joins in 3rd place. (Also last place … but not for long, I expect.)

:+1:

2 Likes

Cows in a field by chance today :grin:

2 Likes

You might need to read ALL the rules. :wink:

:frowning: OK. Is it no good

@Neil79

1 Like

OK I’ll sort tomorrow. Thanks. Not sure how I’ll do but its the fun and experience :+1:

1 Like