The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Yep, A real blast, not been so engaged in anything this year :smile:

Thanks for being a good pace-setter, but it’s not over till ‘the last entry goes in’
nou’t to do with fat ladies and singing

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No I didn’t mate, we went over to Weymouth for the day, no sign of any there at all. :-1:t4:

Have you seen the prices of them? Ludicrously expensive - could get a decent Aston Martin or a new Jag for the price of a camper “needing further work”

2 Likes

They are crazy money. So many people hire them out now for weddings, birthday etc. there’s a few local to me that i could probably call to arrange a shoot. They’d prob appreciate the photos for there own advertising also. :wink:

3 Likes

Full Leader-board updated.

[1] @McSteamy2010 [35 points]
[2] @Steviegeek [31 points]
[3] @macspite [28 points]
[4] @Neil79 [26 points]
[5] @Fatboy [22 points]
[6] @lee [17 points]
[7] @stevesb [14 points]
[8] @kvetner [12 points]
[9] @Meondrone [11 points]
[10=] @scorps [8 points]
[10=] @JoeC [8 points]
[12=] @TonyDM [4 points]
[12=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[14] @Jhdee [2 points]

(E&OE)

Getting squeaky at the top! :+1:

3 Likes

I’m done. I’ve blown all this fortnights pension money on a historic hexacopter so I’m confined to barracks for the foreseeable :frowning:

3 Likes

I thought this was going to be a run away with @McSteamy2010 a clear winner ! But it’s getting close now @Steviegeek is pumping them out !!

I just hope this nice weather continues when I am free to get out flying again.

1 Like

Still enough time to win! :+1:

I have a rather detailed itinerary of the items on the list that are achievable for me. However there aren’t enough for me to come close to a podium finish.

I want to get as many on the list as I can but many of them are unrealistic for me. Where in Liverpool will I find a split screen VDub camper and a Gypsy wagon :joy::joy: my google map search history is so bloody confused right now.

1 Like

I’m not gonna do it for you but 5 mins on Facebook/Insta and I found both :wink:

2 Likes

You need to think out of the box…

/cough/ Autotrader… /cough/

4 Likes

I tend to avoid the socials as much as possible :joy: but thanks for the tips :ok_hand:

1 Like

16: A re-purposed coal mine
Claiming 2 points please
Pleasley Pit Country Park
12th August at 6:25pm
Take Off Location: 53.172977, -1.256618

Pleasley Colliery was scheduled as an Ancient Monument in 1996 and has been developed as a mining heritage centre. The two headgears, the engine-house roof and the chimney have been renovated by Robert Woodhouse Ltd. The regeneration has won several regional and national awards including the English Heritage Angel Awards in 2011 and the EMCBE Constructing Excellence Heritage Awards. The two steam winding engines that are such a special feature of this pit are being restored by volunteer members of the Friends of Pleasley Pit. Although the original boilers were removed when the pit closed, one of the engines can now be operated with electric power.
The site has been turned into a Country Park under the care of Derbyshire CC Countryside Services and parts have declared as a local nature reserve.

6 Likes

7: Harvester in field
Claiming 5 points please
A617, Macclesfield
12th August at 6:05pm
Take Off Location: 53.184786, -1.268639

2 Likes

Which five are you claiming @Steviegeek ?

It’d help us if you could copy/paste/tell-us which bonus points you’re claiming on all your entries please (everyone).

@GADC_Committee

Hi, OK will do that in future.

Harvester in a field = 1
Bonus point if NOT made by Claas = 1 (it’s a CASE)
Bonus point if a tractor is in the same field = 1
Bonus point if transferring crop to a wagon/trailer = 1
Bonus point if moving = 1

Total of 5 :+1:

Cheers
Steve :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good effort @Steviegeek that should put you in first place if I am not mistaken…

2 Likes

Just to echo this!

There are only 14 people in the challenge so far, still plenty of time to start now and still win :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Tony, @TonyDM
Yes, at the moment, but as Rich @PingSpike says plenty of time for others to step up to the mark.
I’m not done yet though :smile:

2 Likes

I have my plan I just need to execute it. My house arrest is over tomorrow but I am busy with work from tomorrow for 10 days as I’m running a course. But I may sneak a few local ones in.

I will struggle with the harvesters i think they will have finished by the time I can go and hunt for them.

2 Likes