The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Nice one niel! :call_me_hand:t4: Was wondering where these world record ones were going to take us :rofl: can see a few acting scenes being submitted :sunglasses:

1 Like

I beleive Guy Martin has done a few things there too that would count, it’s not far from work for me, should have called, I was in today ;o(

2 Likes

Good one Rob :clap:
Well done, all trains down here go the wrong bloody way :rage:

1 Like

No 11 A brewery or distillery
Unfortunately can’t claim any bonus points :frowning:.
Taken at 5.15pm in Tadcaster today from https://maps.app.goo.gl/kSrJVAVeNsLshYjx6

3 Likes

Thanks. I had to go to Godstone to pick up a “vintage” hexacopter so I had a look round to see what might be available in the area. Picked up the aircraft, drove to my selected spot to find several train enthusiasts talking about the train that had just gone past. The timetables they had were markedly different from the one I had got from the website.

I was ready for the next one but it was a two-pointer. I was expecting it to be coming back down the track in reverse as there are no loops or turntables, Except another train came from the same direction. I managed to capture that then took a break as the next train that wasn’t due for ten minutes … came back down the track in reverse.

Couldn’t wait as a water activities centre was next - which turned out to have a full car park and cafe and just two kayaks on the water. No cows, combines or caravans encountered on the long cross-country drive home,

Then, looking at the raw footage I found that I had been so busy flying the aircraft over the second locomotive I hadn’t realised which way round it was - KA CHING! Three points :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Matt McKeown, not come across him before. Another one to add to the lost - Colin Furze, Edd China, Guy Martin, Fred Dibnah ,

And I have misinterpreted the requirement - same calendar month but not same year - opens up loads of possibililities - thanks Neil!

At least you trains go!

@Neil79 I usually drive past the back of that brewery (on the A64 by the football playing field) and it’s normally under water every day :grimacing:

I didn’t recognise it, dry :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: Great building tho. Around 70miles today when I got back but worth going to that brewery.

Three times I had to read that before it stopped being Smartphone Tunnel! I need a holiday.

5 Likes

@Neil79 @macspite @McSteamy2010 @stevesb

I’m really waiting for the judges decision on this, Elvington Airfield / Guiness Record
It will give us some ideas for what we can achieve with this particular challenge, wonder which one of dreamed this one up :kissing_heart:

Cheers Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

PS, bloody raining here today :frowning_face:

1 Like

Currently sitting at yet another watersports centre with no one participating in watersports :slightly_frowning_face:

Jump in ;o)

2 Likes

If I could work out how to get the aircraft to reliably track me I would just to get the point

Full Leader-board updated.

[1] @Steviegeek [38 points]
[2] @McSteamy2010 [35 points]
[3] @macspite [31 points]
[4] @Neil79 [27 points]
[5] @Fatboy [22 points]
[6] @lee [17 points]
[7=] @stevesb [14 points]
[7=] @kvetner [14 points]
[9] @Meondrone [13 points]
[10=] @scorps [8 points]
[10=] @JoeC [8 points]
[12=] @TonyDM [4 points]
[12=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[14] @Jhdee [2 points]

(E&OE)

Some place swapping at the top: @Steviegeek overtaking @McSteamy2010 for top spot.

1 Like

@Neil79 - and general clarification.

The Committee have discussed,.and the item visible in the photo/video/panorama must be the record breaking item that can be found in the Guinness Book of Records.

3 Likes

I went to a waterspouts centre yesterday
Loads of people participating but all doing the same damn thing :rage:

2 Likes

GADC_Committee are you saying in my photo it has to have the shopping Trolley? It is in the Guinness book of world record. Thanks.

A “World Record Weight for a Pumpkin” must be your photo/video/panorama of the record breaking pumpkin.

A “World Record Height for a Pyramid” must be your photo/video/panorama of the record breaking pyramid.

etc.

Were it a World Record Speed for a Cheetah, it would have to be your photo/video/panorama of the record breaking event.