The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

@GADC_Committee @PingSpike

Hi Rich,
Clarification please on challenge #20

Would an artificially made reservoir, used for sailing and other watersports, be acceptable ?
or does it have to be a natural ‘lake’ ?

Thanks
Steve :slight_smile:

Definition of Lake : “a large area of water surrounded by land” - nothing about it having to be “natural”.

2 Likes

Thank you :smile: :smile:

1 Like

Your all doing well. I best start getting back at it or I’ll be long gone :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve not really flown in months but need to dust off the props for this work gig on Monday. Will be shooting some Dronies in Richmond Park (flying field) Monday so need some practice…

Will try and get an entry in for the comp too! Soooo wish I had more time to do this properly as there are some very creative ideas this year… I mapped out how to get circa 40 points but would be a mammoth effort!

Love seeing the entries :+1:

1 Like

Photographed this morning, this is Earlestown Station, with its very unusual 5-platform layout, arranged in a triangle at a delta junction. Should there be any doubt, the National Rail website confirms the platform numbering:

5 Likes

Number 3. Bonus for Monkey. Taken today in Horndean

7 Likes

I’m back in the game. Finished work today and went out. Will post later.
If @McSteamy2010 and @Steviegeek get some nice shots might send them a photo of me holding the Tello when I win it. :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

@Neil79
In your :sleeping: dreams :laughing::rofl:

But continuing the fantasy …, would you choose the Tello or the money ?

2 Likes

:rofl: I know not sure i can catch you guys. Mmm not sure money would be good get something for mavic pro but it does look a cool little drone. My oldest lad 9yrs has a a20 potensic drone but Tello would be cool. Anyway I’m missing the point I would probably take the Tello for the fun. :grin:

1 Like

Don’t discount me. If I’m quiet then I’m up to something. It ain’t over till the fat lady sings and I don’t hear no warbling from your side of the screen …

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

And Lozzer has exactly 20 days left too! Even if I post the maximum of 2 per day, still loads of time :rofl:

1 Like

20 days, 2 hours, 45 minutes!

2 Likes

I’ve just booted up the M2P for the first time in a couple of months and it’s been applying updates all day! Well over 1gb so far! No doubt more restrictions and spy ware installed… :woozy_face:

2 Likes

macspite i know its anyone’s competition. I was just joking around. Its definitely not over yet. Things could heat up by all. :grin:

2 Likes

Actually seen a Stobart lorry today… only thing wrong was it was pissing down with rain and it was on the hard shoulder of the M5 broken down not moving :man_facepalming:t4: Pretty sure I’m not supposed to get this shot! :joy:

My submission for item 21 - A train entering/exiting a tunnel

I claim a bonus point as the carriages are being pulled by a steam locomotive and a further bonus point as the locomotive is running in reverse

Take Off Location: 51.078734,-0.043439
Above Sea Level: 361.3 ft

The video is of the 13:00 departure on Saturday 15 August 2020 from the Bluebell Railway’s Sheffield Park station. It is shown exiting the Sharpthorne Tunnel at 13:22 on it’s way to Kingscote Station.

8 Likes

Nice one Rob, glad you got the footage :wink:

No 25 Anything in The Guinness Book of Records
– WIldcard entry - make sure it’s interesting, this is a Competition remember!
– Bonus point if captured during the same calendar month that the record was achieved

Claiming 2 please :grin:
Fastest shopping Trolley, record at elvington airfield in August 2013.
Photo taken at 4.38pm today from https://maps.app.goo.gl/uieedmJcyVNCA7Pv7

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/99843-fastest-motorized-shopping-trolley

4 Likes

macspite nice video steam train :+1:

2 Likes