The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

I was getting pretty sure I’d not get one of these. A local farmer had agreed to let me film his harvest, and promised to let me know when it would happen. A few days later, out hunting cows, I spotted he had done the deed and I’d missed my chance.

So, yesterday after lunch, last battery running low, I was en route from one former RAF airfield to another, just past the village of Lyneal in Shropshire, when this beauty appeared behind a hedge. Luckily there was space to stop on the lane, and to try my first take-off from the car roof.

It’s a New Holland combine harvester, for anyone who needs to know such things. I might have had a chance to get it offloading into the wagon, but the battery was too low.

3 Likes

Spotted my first Eddie Stobart truck for months today :slight_smile:

Running in convoy with a second one! :slight_smile:

On the M1 - just before I turned off, taking a friend to Luton Airport. :frowning:

In the dark at 05:30 :sob:

4 Likes

Photo, or it didn’t happen :wink:

I did try.

But lobbing a Mavic Air out of the driver’s window at 70mph didn’t quite have the effect I had hoped. If the police have retrieved the SD card they will have a great view of the resulting five vehicle pile-up.

6 Likes

If you had held onto the Mavic Air, could you have logged a sneaky speed record? Anyway … getting off topic! :wink:

3 Likes

Possibly the only legal angle I could get of this site.

4 Likes

22: Car boot sale
Claiming 2 points please, more than 50 stalls clearly identifiable.
Measham car boot sale, Leicestershire
23rd August at 8:10am
Take Off Location: 52.698048, -1.495436

4 Likes

Oooo, getting close at the top!

This is a photo/video competition, so the item and/or bonus(es) do have to be evidenced visually in the photo/video submitted, not “according to” other sources.

2 Likes

Full Leader-board updated.

[1=] @McSteamy2010 [40 points]
[1=] @Steviegeek [40 points]
[3] @kvetner [37points]
[4] @macspite [34 points]
[5] @Neil79 [27 points]
[6] @Fatboy [22 points]
[7] @Meondrone [20 points]
[8] @lee [17 points]
[9] @stevesb [14 points]
[10] @WeeJubya [13 points]
[11] @TonyDM [10 points]
[12=] @scorps [8 points]
[12=] @JoeC [8 points]
[14=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[14=] @anon52324101 [4 points]
[16] @ChrisC2 [3 points]
[17] @Jhdee [2 points]
[18] @Richmighty [1 point]

(E&OE)

A little bit close at the top! :+1:

3 Likes

Ah hello there Neighbor :wave:t3: @Steviegeek :wink:

2 Likes

Hello there neighbour Steve @McSteamy2010 so where do we go from here in the next four days :laughing: ?
Upwards is the aim :+1::+1:

1 Like

Think the only thing we can do is organize a bloody ploughing competition mate :smirk: :calendar:

3 Likes

I have been contemplating such a idea but tractors are bloody expensive and horses are smelly :scream:

2 Likes

3 Likes

This is just getting better and better and I hope they will be another treasure hunt because im definitely in on the next . And make the best man win :1st_place_medal::trophy::medal_sports:

1 Like

Plan B then Steve

3 Likes

:rofl::laughing::joy:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Can I seek a quick clarification on this one @GADC_Committee? Let’s say for example that I went to a recreational lake to take a photo of the lake (item 20), and then on a separate occasion returned to the same lake to take a photo of a vehicle parked up alongside the lake. That would be a photo at the same location but not of the same location. Can you confirm that would be acceptable?

I need to plan the rest of my week carefully :smiley:

1 Like