The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Sorry Dr Who that’s past the deadline date :joy:

Only kidding, excellent work, 24/25 is amazing!

1 Like

Haha! :man_facepalming:t4: It was emotional writing that post so forgive me :wink::joy:

1 Like

20: A recreational lake
Claiming just 1 point (see below)
Lake Tegid (Bala), Wales
15th August at 2:05pm
Take Off Location: 52.904869, -3.594358

I can identify canoes, sailing yachts, sailing catamaran, kayaks and a paddle boarder. unfortunately that lot only covers two of the bonus categories, so no bonus point claimed :sob:

3 Likes

11: A brewery or distillery
Claiming 3 points please
– Bonus point if horse-drawn dray cart in the same shot
– Bonus point for Brewery Name clearly visible on a truck
Hook Norton Brewery, Oxfordshire
29th August at 1:35pm
Take Off Location: 51.997456, -1.494451

The day of my visit saw the site open as it was a ‘running the steam engine’ event. They were happy for me to launch from the far carpark which was great for the closeness of the shots.
Thanks Guys, beers on me next time :smile:

INFO dray

3 Likes

Well, that’s me done, like Steve @McSteamy2010 24/25 with the ploughing challenge being the one that beat me.

It’s been said before, but can be repeated many times more, this was a brilliant challenge.
Many Many Thanks to the committee @GADC_Committee who devised this list of 25 challenges. I think 25 over the given period of time was spot on :clap:

Looking forward to next years already :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers, with gratitude
Steve

3 Likes

Nice one Steve, well done mate :handshake:

1 Like

@GADC_Committee @kvetner
well bloody hell, I never knew that…
I only checked the positions never dived in deeper.
Thanks for enlightening me :smile: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Say hello to my new friend Clyde the Camper Van. How many bloody camper van hire places did I contact before discovering there was one just under two miles away from my house? This photo was taken today at about 5.10pm at Sale Water Park, with many thanks to Lovely Wheels for being willing to help out. Clyde is a left-hand drive model originally exported to the USA.

And many thanks to @Steviegeek for his last two postings saving me any daft last-minute decision on whether to bother with a 2-hour round trip to photograph a gypsy caravan tomorrow - cheers, it’s been great fun but I am soooo glad it’s over now!

I can second @Steviegeek, @McSteamy2010 and everyone else’s congratulations to the committee for a challenge well set and well run - top stuff!

3 Likes

Well we’ve all been saying that the price money is not important, it’s the WINNING that matters
:smile:

So let me put the £100 voucher into perspective…

But you can’t put a price on FUN :smile: :rofl: :laughing:

5 Likes

I concur thanks to @GADC_Committee for the challenge, even though I had to bow out early due to other commitments. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Lordy only knows what I’ve spent on fuel or what else I could have done with all the time consumed, but a genuine bonus for me was agreeing with Mrs K that we needed a holiday in north Wales both for a family break (albeit interrupted by Storm Francis) but also so I could collect five sites on the checklist :laughing: So that counts as a holiday and not as fuel burned for the challenge, as far as I’m concerned …

4 Likes

Wow! I’m not even going down that road :grimacing::man_facepalming:t4::joy::joy:

Worst was a 3 hour round trip for a non qualifier :sob::cry::joy:

2 Likes

I wish I hadn’t, daren’t tell the wife :tired_face:

3 Likes

@GADC_Committee Thanks a bunch, the list you put together was challenging, frustrating & fun all at the same time.

I had a holiday 14 days quarantine, a stint away with work and a storm to set me back plus I am in an extremely busy period in work but all that aside I don’t think I could have gotten many more points without committing to vast miles like the people near the top and the eventual deservant winner!

Its given me a reason to go out and fly and photograph things I wouldn’t have thought about. I look forward to the next one!

2 Likes

Thanks to the committee for coming up with the challenge and maintaining their cool throughout.

It has been fun, thought provoking, set the creative juices going andhas advanced my dlightplanning, editing and permission seeking skills just a touch.

And thanks to the competitors and commentators who have made this thread so enjoyable and made the competition such a major part of the last two months!

Looking forward to the next one!

4 Likes

With just 22 hours to go - and a maximum of two more entries for any one person :

Full Leader-board updated.

[1] @Steviegeek [49 points]
[2=] @McSteamy2010 [42 points]
[2=] @kvetner [42 points]
[4] @macspite [35 points]
[5] @Neil79 [27 points]
[6] @Fatboy [22 points]
[7] @Meondrone [20 points]
[8] @lee [17 points]
[9] @WeeJubya [16 points]
[10] @stevesb [14 points]
[11] @TonyDM [11 points]
[12=] @scorps [8 points]
[12=] @JoeC [8 points]
[14] @ChrisC2 [5 points]
[15=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[15=] @anon52324101 [4 points]
[17] @Jhdee [2 points]
[18] @Richmighty [1 point]

(E&OE)

4 Likes

Arkell’s Brewery, Swindon (Google Maps)
Taken Weds 2nd September

No horse-drawn cart, no trucks…
1 point!

4 Likes

These are the standing stones at Avebury, Wiltshire.
Taken on Wednesday 2nd September.

I don’t think I’ve been to Avebury with a drone before, nevermind posted on the site…
So, 1 point.

4 Likes

Mini update …

[1] @Steviegeek [49 points]
[2=] @McSteamy2010 [42 points]
[2=] @kvetner [42 points]
[4] @macspite [35 points]
[5] @Neil79 [27 points]
[6] @Fatboy [22 points]
[7] @Meondrone [20 points]
[8] @WeeJubya [18 points]
[9] @lee [17 points]
[10] @stevesb [14 points]
[11] @TonyDM [11 points]
[12=] @scorps [8 points]
[12=] @JoeC [8 points]
[14] @ChrisC2 [5 points]
[15=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[15=] @anon52324101 [4 points]
[17] @Jhdee [2 points]
[18] @Richmighty [1 point]

2 Likes

Number 24, UNESCO World Heritage site Kew Gardens taken today. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

2 Likes