The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Go on then Chris, spill the beans :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

GDPR.

4 Likes

Well done to all the Winners and ALL the participants, I am afraid due to personal commitments I did not enter the challenge this year.

4 Likes

I’ve had fun on the sidelines working up a list of items for next years challenge - 15 suggestions so far.

But the innovation I’d like to see is a bonus point for each legitimate (i.e drone code and bylaw abiding) entry that is added to Dronescene by the competitor.

4 Likes

Very well done to all the winners - lots of great images and inspiration. I might even have a go myself next time :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Do we send suggestions directly to you? Sorry, newbie here!

1 Like

Good lord, no :grinning:

I’m just one of the slack-jawed yokels in here.

Either just air your suggestion in this thread or semd it in a direct message to one of the greybeards that run the show.

I think @OzoneVibe @PingSpike or @milkmanchris are the ones to chat to.

And welcome to GADC :grinning:

1 Like

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil: @calum too :see_no_evil:

Yeah, but I didn’t want to bother him.

I like him :grin:

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Well done everybody.

Thanks, as ever, to the committee for organising another cracking challenge. Life got in the way a little for me, but it was great to see some of the excellent entries coming in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats to @Steviegeek for scooping gold and well done to runner ups. Looks like a great competition that I might get involved in next time… only joined GADC as you guys had 20 points in the bag already. Great competitive spirit, (with a bit of banter on the side) and a real excuse to get out and fly. Just a side note to organisers, people north of Glasgow are at a disadvantage from the off, as there are no Eddie Stobbart trucks, no motorways, no canals and definitely no clover leaf junctions. We’ve got rain, rivers, mountains, snow and golf courses. Oh and a few monuments. Hope to enter competition next time. :+1:

5 Likes

Huge congrats to the winners, well done to the committee for organising. As a new member I didn’t take part this year but will hopefully get involved in the next one. I’m with @harmchar on this one, plus we also have lots of castles :+1:t2: :grinning:

2 Likes

@Drumsagard @harmchar

No worries guys,
Hadrians Wall and beyond, is just a quick trip up the M6 :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Well done to the winners and thanks to GADC. As a new owner of a drone I’ve really enjoyed the challenge. Looking forward to the next one.

2 Likes

I am planning on a trip here this week. I am in Carlisle with work one day this week (I will choose the best day for a flight obviously :roll_eyes:) we manage one of the buildings within the castle so I may try my hand witrh English Heritage to see if they will allow me to take off on site to shoot the castle.

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: GADC challenges and the Drone Code

#Where the points were made …

# Items Found Bonuses Total
1 Golf course 14 14 28
2 An Eddie Stobart truck and trailer 4 3 7
3 A monkey puzzle tree 9 9 18
4 Cows in a field 12 9 21
5 An ‘S’ bend 11 10 21
6 Gypsy (type) caravan 2 0 2
7 Harvester in a field 9 26 35
8 Beach hut 9 16 25