The Lidl XL GPS Drone

It’s a 1000mah 2s Lipo cell with built in balancer

Many thanks for this info - have you ever tried buying and replacing old with new? Tnx
Save

Dave

Hi Dave!
I also bought a Quadcopter Camera Drone from Lidl this Xmas as a starter…is flying OK… the only problem is I need parts like rotor guards and more batteries…batteries last only 20-30min…any ideas so far??
Thx. Steve, Hungary.

Hello Steve
They appear not offer any spares - although when I bought mine there was a battery fault. The actual battery was lose in its plastic case. It worked but I told them I would open the case and try to repair the rattle itself. I think it is simply that the double sided tape has come lose.
Anyway I spoke to the support team number and I think a guy in Ths Netherlands sent me another battery as a gesture of good will. I have not used my drone very much.
If you are getting 25/30 mins flying on a battery that’s normal. I’m lucky with two now.
The battery box does have micro screws so if I do run them out completely - I thing I can replace the cell with a bit of a fiddle.
Possibly you/me might find that there is going to be a larger capacity same size cell to put in as a replacement - ps with the new battery he sent me a pack of guards and blades! Nice guy
Hope that helps a little
Regards
Dave S in London
Ps are these drones still on sale in Hungary? What’s the price in £ equivalent?

1 Like

Just had a read through this thread.
The drone looks very similar to a Syma X8 series.
It’s a drone that’s often copied or licensed and due to this the spares are often interchangeable.

It’s probably worth comparing the dimensions as it looks similar and if the same size I’d guess their props etc would fit.

Syma spares can be picked up on Banggood or similar.

Howard
Thanks for that potential lead. I had guessed it was a copy/same model under another name. Will do some research to see if it is the same. If so I will add to this thread with details availability - there must be several owners of this drone who’d like spare batteries

Many thanks

Dave S

1 Like

Hi DjShaw!
Thx for the fast reply. So it means I’m not going to get any spares to buy for my drone??!! Or do you think I have to contact that phone no? Could you give me their number??
Well, I bought mine before Xmas (in Nov.), but I think you could still get some to buy in Hungary…not sure??..for approx. 42 pounds sterling
Thx & Bye. Steve

I got the European number from the manual - I think? I have just been told by another contributor That this drone is copy model from the Syma stable - I am going to google up to see if any of their batteries fit Lidl drone - will let you know. Will look up e mail and number of the Lidl technical support dept
Dave

Need to obtain more 3.7v batteries for a recently purchased quad. Can you assist.
Sorry if this is incorrectly posted.
New to this site and on my third attempt asking this question. Still unable to find my previous posts.
Is this site overcomplicated?
Here’s hoping a human reads this post.

Moved your post to this active thread about the Lidl drone.

You have not posted before, according to your account activity. You only joined yesterday.

Nope.

I am, and the other 5k members are, thought to be human.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from The Lidl XL GPS Drone:

Not wishing to be contentious, but my one successful attempt to create a post required you to tranfere it so best read by others.
Two other attempts seem to have vanished.
Thank you for your intervention.

No - it was merged with the other thread because …

• the thread was already talking about spares for the drone that you have
  • the drone is not the most common drone (you are no less welcome for that) so keeping posts for it in one place helps members, such as yourself, to find the limited relevant information.

If two other attempts were made, they were never completed by yourself. Had they been they would show in your activity history … https://greyarro.ws/u/jagman/activity
… which they don’t.
Had they been deleted, as admin I would be able to see that your account had deleted posts … which it doesn’t.

OK Dave…will wait for the contact details of the Lidl tech. support.
Steve

I understand that this is an old thread but as I have just bought one of these Quadcopters I thought I might let the forum members know my thoughts about this item.
I bought my one for a very low price of £21-99 and as it was listed as a GPS quad I thought it was worth a go.
I have to say I am not disappointed by my purchase as it has so far proved to be a good buy.
I did have in the past a Hubsan 502E quad which was a pretty good one.
I have found that the supplied charging lead does not fully charge my lipo as the red light stays on even after 4 hours on charge.
I have now modified the battery by splicing into the poss and neg leads and soldered a jst lead and connector so I can use my pro peak charger.
I can now fully charge the 2 cell lipo without going through the balance board.
I am not sure how long the motors will last as they are getting 7.4v but time will tell.
So far I have only flown it inside my house but the altitude hold works very well and the setting up of the GPS system is easier than on my Hubsan.
It is such a light weight quad it really will need a very calm day before I take it over the field but will let you know my results once I have tried it.

John

1 Like

If you are fully charging the batteries then the quad gets 8.4v at launch which is when you are probably giving it it’s biggest ‘power kick’

I’ve not seen one of these yet, I’ll have to wander into my local LIDL and see if they have any, at that price why not :laughing:

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Steve,
I am not sure if LIDL are still selling these as I bought mine from a seller on ebay.
I think when they were on sale at LIDL they were priced around £50-00.
Yes a fully charged 2 cell lipo is at 8.4v so a bit concerned as to how well the motors will cope.
I know that some of the coreless motors are rated as suitable for the higher voltages but as I say time will tell if they are up to it.

John

I am starting to get interested in trying out flying with fpv goggles.
I know nothing about the requirements to do this with this quadcopter.
Is the supplied camera capable of sending the signals to a set of goggles.
I know there is an app for your smartphone to fly fpv using the phone screen but I do not own a smart phone or any mobile phone .
As I say I am completely in the dark as to how to go about this.
There are a set of Eachine fpv goggles on ebay for less than £8-00 but as I know nothing about this subject I am hoping someone might help me out .
John

I’m going to have a guess and say nope. The eachine goggles will have a receiver built in but I’m going to guess that the quad you’re talking about uses wifi to connect to a smartphone app and not an anologe video transmitter. So out of the box it won’t work with the eachine goggles.

Think of the eachine goggles as an old anologe TV and the quad would need to have a means of broadcasting an anologe TV signal that you can tune your goggles into. Like the old TV stations.

FPV quads have an on board VTX (Video transmitter) that transmits the camera signal across to the receiver on the goggles.

Hope this explains it for you :+1:t2: