The never ending "I crashed my drone thread" đŸ”„

And congrats on your new badge :smiley:

No goggles I tapped over the bottom sensors as I couldn’t get low enough to the ground. Then forgot I was in sorts mode and got carried away.
You know what it’s like? After you have crashed once or twice and not damaged anything you get flippant.

If it wasn’t for the big footed person like I am, I’m sure it would have been ok, for a bit till I crashed it again.

:innocent:

1 Like

Sounded windy?

1 Like

That’s only because the Gopro is mounted right at the front of the quad, and I was giving it full beans, which is between 60mph to 70mph according to the GPS. Thankfully the only damage was a lost prop, one motor, and some plastic clips on the folding arms that are designed to break in a crash.

1 Like

Love it Steve! :smiley: Fair play to you for flying fpv gates with you’re Mini 2 with the sensors covered in sports mode :clap:t2: :grin:

2 Likes

Not racing and definitely a rookie mistake, but it survived to fly another day

Very lucky there!!

I had an experience that looked exactly the same as that and turns out one of the motors was faulty and cutting out
 Worth spinning them all up without props and seeing if any of them stutter
?

Where you do fly from? Thinking from the layby/old entrance but doesn’t seem like a good idea with it being too open.

There is a gap in the fence that you can squeeze through. Then you can get up close to them.

1 Like

I’ll be putting up a meet for this location in the coming weeks you’re more than welcome to cone fly with us :+1:t2:

2 Likes

That would be awesome! Thanks!

2 Likes

You should head over to this thread: The Quad Show and show off what you fly :+1:t2:

:thinking:
Impact driver required

:grin:

1 Like

Yesterdays injuries:

Broken arm:

And a bent motor bell:

Nasty. I wonder if a tri blade would have cushioned the impact a little :thinking:

Damn that looks like a good one Deano, how did you manage that? :astonished:

Oooo, I didn’t know you’d done this.
Must have been some hell of a bang
Hope you get it sorted soon :+1:

Video interference from another pilot caused me to lose all video so had to dump it and it landed on concrete from about 100m up. It’s a £30 fix so should be back in the air in not time :+1:t2:

1 Like

I was helping John look for his quad and I heard a massive thud. Wondered what it was.

Then I saw @DeanoG60’s quad sat there.
It was sat there 2 legs in the air.
When I picked it up I noticed the carbon arm was snapped. :grimacing:
I had to be the bearer of bad news as I delivered it back to Dean

2 Likes