The never ending "I crashed my drone thread" 🔥

Cheers. Deano offered too. I’m gunna order one but I reckon this will glue good

1 Like

Cool mate. At least it’ll get sorted one way or another.

1 Like

Looks like you guys @DeanoG60 @notveryprettyboy have been practicing your crashing techniques ready for the Big Meet :grin:
Glad neither of you have completely written your quads off. You two have definitely got balls trying those moves :ok_hand:t2:

Its painful. Not the crashing, but running out of quads! :grin:

And my Nazgul5 V2 lives to fly another day:

5 Likes

Goggles kept slipping down, surely it’d take just half a sec to sort it…

That’s like me when my DVR isn’t recording mid flight and I’ve gotta take my hand off the sticks to press the record button on my goggles :rofl:

1 Like

Forgot to post this.

This is what happens when you are demonstrating how the brake works on the DJI FPV and hit the cruise control button instead

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Did you break anything :thinking:

Nearly took your head off!

Bent a prop, that was all, it was back in the air in 2 minutes, hence the purchase of the adaptors so I can use “normal” props

Have you tried the 5140 Nazgul props yet?

No mate, It was the first week back to work this week, and TBH I’m knackered lol
Not been out at all, @Howard78 has some spares for me to try. Hopefully, we can get them tried this week one evening.

2 Likes

Aaand another Chimera 4 bottom plate bites the dust :frowning:

Not sure exactly what happened - my son was flying it at the time when it suddenly went into an uncontrollable tumble and hit the ground. I’d bounced it off the ground a couple of times on the previous flight but it had flown fine for over three minutes prior to the crash. As it happens I was videoing it on my phone, but the video is inconclusive whether the arm broke in flight or when it hit the ground - going through the source video frame by frame it does look ‘wrong’ in some frames :frowning:

Unmanned Tech must love me - that’s the second replacement frame I’ve bought off them !

Looks intact to me as its tumbling through the air but as you say iys hard to tell :grimacing: Hope you get her back in the air soon :+1:t2:

I’d be interested to know if you work out if the cause is a faulty frame.
I’ve not really pushed mine yet but don’t fancy this happening

1 Like

Tested as far as I can with the broken frame - it arms OK and the motors spin up. New frame has been dispatched so I may get to test fly it in a few days ( house move permitting :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Fingers crossed it’s a one off for you and all will be well for the next one

Just a quick post to praise Unmanned Tech - replacement airframe ordered Thursday evening, it was posted yesterday, and arrived today :+1:

My Chimera 4 lives again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is a compilation of my Mini 2 crashes at the Big Meet 03/07/2021
I only broke a prop and and arm, that was when I was looking for it in the field using the find my drone function. The app said I was right on top of it, I was :roll_eyes: I trod on it causing the damage.

Fixed in no time with a new prop and a hot glue gun…

Note to oneself, when looking for your drone in the long grass, don’t look at the phone screen, look down on the floor and tread carefully.

:joy:

1 Like