The never ending "I crashed my drone thread" 🔥

I forgot to set yaw motors reversed as I run props out

DCoY

OSD was still working, so it’s likely a camera issue.

1 Like

looks like a loose connection - probably on the camera or vtx

Looks like the runcam survived fine! Glad got ti back, yeah looks like lose cable as howard said… Pffft stange hobby :slight_smile:

Freezing up has to be an internal problem in the camera. The composite video coming from the camera just freezes implying that the CCD signal is no longer being updated to the analogue output, but the analogue output is still continuing to be sent to the VTX.

I’ve had this problem myself with an analogue camera like this. There was nothing wrong with the wiring. Replacing the camera fixed it. The dodgy camera once removed from the quad still exhibits the same problem on the bench with my test rig.

1 Like

Sounds plausible - I’ve had a loose camera wire and loose vtx cause similar issues.

Like most things on drones its a process of elimination - at least in my case.

Loose camera wire produces black image with osd.

Loose vtx wire produces black screen without osd.

This is neither of those.

And what produces white screens?

@Earwig if you need a new analogue camera, I’ve been leant 2 2nd hand ones going to check next week and paying if they work. I only need one, so you’re free to have one if it works

I would guess internal faults… either with vtx or camera depending on whether osd is shown.

Possibly even with FC.

Ergh…

Hope not the FC/VTX! Not had time to look into it yet! Hope it’s the camera, but I’m getting through em on this quad! OSD was fine

If osd is fine I would say camera is the problem.

A fully working osd generally means vtx and fc are fine.

Well, I just fired it up on the bench and at first boot I got OSD + frozen video. So I swapped the camera with an identical one from my “probably knackered” box. Just got a grey screen (+OSD). Swapped the original camera back and now that’s just showing a grey screen, too. :thinking:

And I know you’re going to ask, so, they’re these:

What does it produce with no camera attached?

It’s OK. I’ve found it. Loose pin (5V) on the camera connector to the FC. :person_facepalming:

Edit: The camera I thought was dead is definitely dead, though.

3 Likes

And the one that freezes?

Seems fine when it’s plugged in properly. :roll_eyes:
May also explain why it was blacking out at full throttle at the weekend.

Ok… so probably a power related issue. Possibly also related to the BEC on the FC.

Most cameras are actually rated to run at higher than 5V. Check that, and if possible, run it off vbat. I had one on my 2" which would not start up reliably from the FC’s 5V.

those pesky loose connections!

Glad you found the issue @Earwig

Opps :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I was barely touching 30, officer. :police_car: :innocent: