The Racton Ruin, Racton, West Sussex - Added to - Category - in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The Racton Ruin is an 18th C monument on a hill above the Hamlet of Racton. You can fly inside and up the shaft, especially if you turn collision avoidance off when you want to get the aircraft out again. Also it's best to set video to record if you want interior shots! Still, I intend to return …

Park in the triangle of land at the base of Monument Lane. Make sure you leave space for agricultural vehicles to pass through the gate as the land is actively farmed.

The lane is a restricted byway, closed to motorised vehicles except for farm access. You may encounter walkers, horse riders or mountain bikers who see the lane's gradient as a speed challenge.

The lane is in fairly good repair having once been tarmac. Good shoes are still recommended as, hen you have walked the 500 metres uphill, the tower is on the left in woodland and undergrowth. Please respect the ru as, although not fenced off, it is still private property for which the owner is trying to get planning permission to turn it into a home. It is also a Grade II listed building.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 15/09/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Nice spot!

I’ve flown here too @macspite :grin:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @macspite :grin: