The tallest sailing vessel in the world, Golden Horizon, leaves Fowey Harbour, Cornwall

Visited Fowey Harbour last night to film the largest sailing vessel in the world, Golden Horizon, moored, then prepare & leave the harbour with the help of the FHC Tugboat Morgawr & the pilot boat. I hope you enjoy

33 Likes

Great video a very worthwhile flight for you

1 Like

Stunning

1 Like

Thanks very much. I almost didn’t make it - Was going to film it arriving in the morning, but weather was too wet, so had to rush back from a trip out of the County to catch it just before sunset. Well worth it though :slight_smile:

Thanks so much

1 Like

Beautiful. Made my day to see that.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind comments

We are down that way end of Aug for a week, staying on a caravan park near Looe, Barcelona area (no no the Spanish one) so will be having a few flights myself, can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent, simply superb. :brown_heart:
I really enjoyed that, thanks for posting :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind comments

1 Like

Perfect location to capture the sheer scale of it as well. Completely dwarfs the other craft that it passes in the way out.

Great video :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful ship and great filming!
:+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much

Thanks you. Just a shame the sails weren’t being used

True as that would have bees spectacular!
I know Fowey and how lovely the are is
Keep filming :+1:
Cheers
Nick

1 Like

Hello. Yes a great video would be wonderful to be on board, not a criticism but could have been a little longer but the light was going so yes great, Thanks

1 Like

Thanks very much. I will

You’re right, the light was starting to go. Thanks for the kind comments

@Jezbot - Fantastic video, she is huge and as others said dwarfs everything else. They wouldn’t put the sails up in confined waters like that, the wind could catch her the wrong way. It would be lovely to see her out at sea with the sails up in a bit of weather.

Thanks for such a great video, I used to work at sea but not on anything as beautiful this.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind comments