Thelwall Viaduct - Added to Bridges in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Thelwall Viaduct is a major bridge of the M6 across the Manchester Ship Canal adjacent to two discontiguous segments of a SSSI (Woolston Eyes).

Access is via a footpath from Thelwall.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 29/06/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Did you not fly under it :wink:

Nice …

You are probably very close to where my BIL lives as he’s the vicar in Thelwall.

Put in a good word for me when I want to shoot the church. :rofl:

They had a competition a few years back for a photo of the church, and as we were staying I put my drone up - as I had permission I wasn’t worried about nosey neighbours or the like, but would have been better if I had crossed the road (so to speak) with the drone.

2 Likes

I’ve flown here too @Dorje :grin:

1 Like

Very very muddy when I ventured up there the other week, not ideal for a bicycle :slight_smile:

Anywhere for a group of 5-10 to meet up there @Andy_B mate?

Should be fine around the area where I flew from in terms of room to TAOL, parking might be the problem.
I cycled all the way up from Thelwall along the footpath, it was maybe a mile and a bit long?
There is a public footpath running from Warrington Road that runs parallel with the viaduct which I think you can walk up, but theres not much room for parking from there.

1 Like

I used to meet up with a few flyers in Lymm, at Sowbrook playing fields, in case you were after somewhere bigger, plenty of parking, and more open, and you get the viaduct in the distance.

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @Dorje :grin: