Time-Lapse videos

Love those colours :ok_hand: looks amazing

1 Like

More details as to what’s going on here over on this post.

2 Likes

Building a baby dish in a dish farm

3 Likes

Some great cloud churning today.

2 Likes

Awesome clouds :ok_hand:

2 Likes

One from 3 years ago …

1 Like

After 4 years, my criteria for what’s acceptable has obviously changed.
Decided to re-visit this one and improve.

2 Likes

Got around to revisiting some of the 1000s of time-lapse pics taken of Comet C2020FE (Neowise), over a month ago.

13th July - 02:14 to 03:45 - 364pics at 15sec intervals, rendered @ 25fps. = 375x speed.

Taken from the top of St. Catherine’s Hill, near Winchester (source of light pollution at the bottom :rage:).

The bit-rate on that 1080p is a little high … to try and keep the details of the stars, etc … so here’s a 720p should the 1080 not play so well.

2 Likes

Yup - another one of Comet C2020FE Neowise! :grin:

I prefer this one. :+1:

17th July between 22:46 and 00:58

Also taken from St. Catherine’s Hill, Winchester.

A few planes photobombed the sequence, as did the brief flash of a meteor @ 8secs in the lower right.

Winchester Cathedral (bottom-right corner) - its lights switch off @ 15secs.

1080p - High bit-rate version.

720p - version.

With the fine detail of the stars, the 1080 is better. :grin:

4 Likes

Not really “time-lapse” … but my attempts to collect screen-grabs to make one have been thwarted by them moving the camera a load … :rage:

Anyway … just a two pic fade of the change in accumulated lava from the Geldingadalir Volcano over the period 22nd to 27th.

1 Like

Has there been a volcanic eruption…?

I haven’t heard or seen any videos.
Would be good if you someone could put a drone over one capturing the lava flow.

Bet the drone would get warm though…?

1 Like

Har!

1 Like

How long?

1 Like

Is what? A piece of string?

@OzoneVibe I’ve been collecting still photos from the same spot each day on my morning dog walk with a view to making a time-lapse. Any tips on getting the images aligned (preferably not manually) for this? Will DVR do the whole process?

Nope - DVR won’t do frame-by-frame alignment.

I do them all in Photoshop first.

This one was daily hand-held images … initially without the intention of a time-lapse.

All aligned with PS.

Being handheld (on the phone!) and so close, the amount of “movement” was massive.

1 Like

One VERY useful tool in the Studio version of DR is “colour stabilisation”.

The pics above had, obviously, very variable lighting - cloudy skies to blue skies, and that took AGES in PS to balance the colour of every image to be the same.

Having recently bought DR Studio (and colour stabilizer was one of the reasons) I tried it out, and it did a fantastic job all by itself.
Another time, with the images varying SO much, I’d probably do a quickish exercise in PS to get them somewhere similar, then a final pass (perhaps a double pass) in DR.

2 Likes

Thanks, very helpful.

1 Like

Following on from the still, here

… here’s a time-lapse of the Milky Way over St Michael’s Mount.

2 Likes

Not Mine! … unfortunately.

Bloody superb!

4 Likes