Time

I just downloaded a flight record from my phone to look at in the phatomhelp log viewer and though I can see no time stamp in the viewer just a count up from zero, i see that there is a time/date included in the filename.
Anyone know if this is GMT/UTC/Zulu or Brit time? (yea I know it makes no difference now but it will in about 4 months time (I only ask as I’m starting a log for PFCO:)

Ta in advance

1 Like

I don’t know but I think @OzoneVibe probably will.

Think a lot of people use airdata to assist in record keeping.

1 Like

Indeed, and if you were ever tempted, then today is the day as they’re doing 30% off for Black Friday :smiley:

2 Likes

The file time (I seem to recall) is Device time … so local time to where you are - GMT in winter / BST in summer in the UK - but if you’re in WogaWoga … then it’s local WogaWoga time.

You can double check …

If you export the csv back out of Phantomhelp (the verbose form option) … you get a .csv that can be opened in Excel.

There will be a column that is headed GPS Date/Time (or very close to that) which is Z (except in some older models like the Inspire 1 which is China Time Z+8).

1 Like

Apolgies for not responding and thanks for the replies. , I think I lost track of things.

Anyway, further to the subject of keeping a Log, is anyone else keeping a paper Log? and if so could you recommend a drone logbook,?, Amazon has loads of em, but none of em show you a sample page and I get the feeling that most of them are targeted at Yanks so could be full of dubious wording and categories that relate to daft American stuff like part 107

P.S. I know there are electronic Logbooks, but I’m old and and my brain is low on RAM

1 Like

I would look at AirData - it is rather good.
There’s a free service that holds up to 100 flights as current.
And there’s a club discount if you want to upgrade to a fuller service.

Aaah well, looks like I’m the only Luddite in town :pencil2: , I’ll just have to take a punt :beginner: