To buy or not to buy? 🤔 Mini 3 Pro

Hello All!

I have an Air 2 (and currently with my PDRA-01 I can fly it in towns with the appropriate paperwork), and I’m contemplating on buying a Mini 3 Pro.

Will I fly it more often than the Air 2 (which I don’t fly that much, partially because of the paperwork…)?

Should I buy a Mini 3 Pro, or not? Please convince me either way…

2 Likes

When I got the mini 3 pro I barely flew the Air 2 again.

Maybe that is your answer.

You have the Air 3 about to launch and I suspect the Mini 4 isn’t that far behind.

So perhaps waiting might be an option.

But if you ignore new models, then you will find the freedom of the Mini 3 pro ideal.

4 Likes

How can anyone but you answer that?

You also get the immediate benefit of 3rd party apps for the 3, a year in the making for the 4?

1 Like

Third party apps? :open_mouth: What? where? Are they any good?

:exploding_head:

Well, honestly I’m hoping that someone here has more sense, and convinces me that I should not buy it for any reason… :smiley:

Don’t buy it, save your money for the DJI Air 3 next week instead.

1 Like

Litchi have just brought out Litchi Pilot, it’s in beta and uses the SDK that DJI have released for the 3. The original Litchi app is available for the earlier DJI. Shouldn’t be long before Pilot is fully released, they seem quick once the SDK is available, only recently made available for the 3.

There is this recent thread that may help you decide

1 Like

That’s the thing… I certainly would not buy it for the features, I would buy it in the hope that I will fly it more often than the Air 2.

I’m going on a holiday in 3 weeks (in the UK), and I’m trying to decide whether I should jump on the Mini 3 Pro train before that holiday, or just take the Air 2…

But so far I’m leaning towards to buying, I can always sell it here if I change my mind later… :wink:

1 Like

Looks tidy.

Source: Dealsdrone

1 Like

I wouldn’t as the air 3 and very soon a mini 4 coming out I would be waiting , I don’t own a mini 3 because it had to many issues , so if it was me I would wait and see what’s coming next .

save yourself even more money and get a used Mini2 with fly more combo, preferably one that hasn’t had the firmware updates!!! You can fly it pretty much anywhere and it handles the wind surprisingly well
I have thought about buying the mini3, but with all the complaints I’ve read about them I’m keeping my money in the pocket. The only thing I don’t like about the mini2 is the locked down firmware that was forced on me. I’m seriously thinking of trying to find a used one with the old firmware.

3 Likes

What makes the old firmware better? New versions are supposed to be better than old ones…

The new firmware has been locked down so you can not roll back. Some older firmware versions are much more stable than the newer ones, less disconnects, less dropped video feeds. And the newer versions also prevent me from using Drone Hacks!!! It is my property that I paid for, I should be able to use it as I please and not be dictated to by some twat thousands of miles away.

Personally I wouldn’t bother, had the DJi Mini 3 when it was released, signal issues unless you use the Sincoder mod, mine always seems quite jittery in the air and I’m not convinced on the photo quality, always seem a bit blurred around the edges, my old Mavic Pro image quality seemed better. I don’t see many major benefits over my Mini 2. The major bonus with the sub 250g is being able to fly virtually anywhere.

I’d wait to see what is released next. I was very tempted by the Autel Nano when that was announced but stuck with DJi as that is what I know. If only Autel would release a controller with a built in screen that could tempt me away.

DroneHacks now supports all FW on the Mini 2

I have sold my mini 2 a couple months ago while they fetched good money. I was fed up with the constant bad updates which were plagued with issues.

I am not buying the mini 3 due to their own frustrating issues.
Now i am just sitting and reading to see what else comes on the market ,keeping an eye on the mini 4 . All I want is a reliable 250g drone with no issues … would there ever be one :thinking:

Autel

2 Likes