Tower Bridge, London

Thought it about time I shared a pic from my Mini 3 Pro. Take-off point was Jubilee Gardens in July, at 322 feet.

Firt time I’ve turned up at a spot to find 3 other drone pilots (all Mini 2’s) with the same plan in the same spot, friendly bunch.

23 Likes

Do you have a what three words location for your TOAL? I thought Jubilee Gardens was behind the London Eye? I’d like to do this myself and have been looking for a good TOAL location.

@drewpost some useful information re TOAL for this area can be found here:

2 Likes

He might be referring to Hermatige Gdns which is not LBTH maintained.

2 Likes

That’s perfect! Thanks! I’m up in London next week for work and have some down time in the evening so I might pop over.

2 Likes

So sorry, yes I did mean Hermitage Riverside Memorial Gardens. Walk to the corner nearest Tower Bridge for the least conspicuous spot.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/tUg6wpDR4uwhafg78

3 words:
///marker.worth.device

Have fun, The Thames is one London’s windiest spots, hope it’s OK for you.

1 Like

That’s really good, is that how it came off the camera or is there post prod?

1 Like

Thanks. There was a fair bit of adjustment, mostly in Photoshop Raw with the sky and ground masked and adjusted separately. Also a tweak to ‘levels’ in Photoshop itself.

Lovely photos I thought you be in a FRZ being in cen London or was that not the case !

2 Likes

Just outside edge of one. There are three in central London. Ignore the big pink warning zone covering all of Cenral London.

I was just to the east of the most eastern zone of the three in the middle of the map:

1 Like

Was this a sunset ? Looks like it pointing west

It is indeed west

Yep sunset, I hate mornings and thankfully I to ussually manage to sleep through them. The joys of being freelance.

Adrian

So I finally captured Tower Bridge this morning…… Not a soul in sight and perfect conditions…

12 Likes

Do you need to fill out a UAV form from the port of London authority ( PLA’s ) to get permission to fly ?
Or is it not the case to do ?

They ask you to, but you have zero legal obligation to do so.

Adrian

2 Likes