Tower Bridge in London at night

I was in London last week for some work bits and decided to bring the drone along. I had seen a thread about shooting around Tower Bridge and wanted to give it a go. It was a very still night bit super cold. Took off from Heritage Memorial Park as suggested on another thread and had a good 10/15 minutes in the air before my fingers got too cold to keep working. I was very pleased with how it all came out in the end.

Thanks to the inspiration and Q&A in this post Tower Bridge, London

34 Likes

Fantastic pictures :clap:

What Drone?

2 Likes

Fabulous, top job. I’ll definitely pop back at night.

3 Likes

Excellent pictures. #2 is my favorite.

2 Likes

Nice pictures.
I was up there for a weekend a couple of weeks ago but it was too windy for my mini 3 pro. Will try again next time I’m there.

1 Like

Fantastic photos so clear what drone are you flying? I think you may need to reset gimbal level a touch bit low left I think. But great never the less.

1 Like

Yea, I think you’re right about the gimbal. I kept tilting my head and trying to figure out if it was “just me” or if it was slightly tilted.

I have an A2CoC and I flew my Mavic 3 whilst doing my best to maintain the horizontal separation. I wanted to get good image quality at night from that big sensor. I think when I go back, I’ll use my mini 3 pro to give me more ability to swing over the buildings and London Bridge station a bit more for the opposite facing angle.

2 Likes

That was the trade off for me. It was dead still but it was also absolutely bloody freezing!

1 Like

That would certainly be great save the stress of we’re you can and can’t go I have a2 c Of c but don’t get we’re I can go now there’s no c class

1 Like

Time to look at our own Good-2-Go on Drone Scene.

3 Likes

Looks like my reporting worked :+1:

Yes 50m from uninvolved people and 150m commercial etc no over flying people so in a field with magic pro

@drewpost Fantastic pictures. I love the last one best. Out of interest the file size looks small to me, especially for such a big sensor and DNG file did you resize for uploading? :thinking:

1 Like

Something I believe everyone should do, plus watermark it to protect your copyright. Why upload a large image file of a quality photo, with no watermark for anyone who fancies it to help themselves?

@Drumsagard , not that my pictures are worth taking :smiley: is it easy to watermark your pictures,
Many thanks

1 Like

They are still your pictures. Yes, a watermark can be anything from a logo, a signature or just the word COPYRIGHT. I use a photoshop action that downsizes the file (suitable size for online), adds a black keyline around the edge and then pastes my logo on top.

1 Like

I get why you do what you do John, especially of the quality you produce; I just wondered!

Personally, I think saving with copyright and/or watermark would be enough and showing off your photo at its best is king. But, I’m not a pro like yourself, so, in the unlikely event that anyone wanted to use my photos I’d say … jog on! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yea. They were exported as compressed JPGs. As shot they were 5272x3948 and came out at about 45 MB per file.

I also used the telephoto lens a bit. Definitely a bit of a quality hit vs the main sensor and I find the DNGs take a lot more sharpening and post processing but it did provide a nice different perspective!

10 Likes

Love em! Well done. :ok_hand:

1 Like