Traeth Mwnt beach

Another remote location to launch safely from the beach, totally secluded from view once you’ve descended the steps to the beach. Car park wasn’t free, but worth a visit. Small church nearby

6 Likes

Hi, I’d like to fly at Mwnt but didnt realise in advance that I needed permission… I phoned 2 numbers and got advised to make a written application, but then went online and couldn’t find the web portal they described… just wondering what permissions you got/how you applied?

Use Drone Scene all the info you need is there

1 Like

TBH I found app useful in checking restrictions. NT boundary isn’t from beach just the land around carpark. I flew out to sea and then backtracked to land. NT can’t stop you flying over their land. I had the beach to myself at 6 in the morning

1 Like

Hi, I wasn’t referring to NT or an SSI… there are two ‘danger areas’, covering mwnt, because of the military testing at Aberporth…

Ok nothing was on my map at the time and day I flew, I don’t have any answers sorry. We we’re staying at Pendine for week and planned a lot of area’s to hit in a couple of day’s outside of the military firing times, some area’s I didn’t even attempt to fly in and others were ok on the day’s that I did fly on.

Thanks for the reply, I got through to the right people today, and yeah sounds like early is usually fine… I visit family there and the danger zone always seems to be active when i look.
The only phone number takes you through to the airport and they say fill in a form a week in advance… having now spoken to range control, they said check notams, ring through to check or fly outside of (0900 to 2100)

Happy days, can get a shot of my folks favourite walk :slight_smile:

1 Like