Treasure Hunt Trailer

That’s why I want a Dutch Omafiets.

I have a pump instead of CO2 (on the frame as well which riles some people). Don’t trust the canisters, and you have to pump it up within 48h anyway as the stuff bloody leaks out, but yeah 110 psi with a small pump takes a while.

Surely 5 is the magic number this year. Significant bonus points should be on offer for person with the most entries in a 5 mile radius. :wink:

When will @Challenges_Committee be announcing the new rule about deducting points from members who submit invalid entries because they’ve not read the rules properly? :thinking:

:grimacing:

:running_man:t2:

Indeed. Our Senior Adjudicator speaks:

6m937r

2 Likes

It’s not the reading, it’s the mind-reading that is the problem :man_shrugging:

If only all the items had links to examples to avoid any confusion or misinterpretation eh?

And if only the rules contained a line saying, ”If you are unsure about the definition or specific requirements of any item in the treasure hunt list please ask first, before going to the effort of capturing your intended subject”.

Come on Steve mate, you know the score :slight_smile:

Please no motorways, think of the poor souls in Norfolk :wink:

Or Isle of White, Rutland, Cornwall, Dorset, Northumberland, Suffolk and East Sussex

There are lions just over a mile from me! In Katy Perry style I can sometimes hear them roaring :rofl:

1 Like

I do Rich, I do
But it’s never too early to start winding the @Challenges_Committee up, is it ?

1 Like

Brave man…

For those of us in the West Midlands region be aware of a huge restricted airspace zone between 22nd July and 9th August due to the commonwealth games. Extra planning required (as such any chance of getting the subjects released early :wink: )

1 Like

We understand your frustration but at least the FRZ is temporary, there are others who live inside permanent restriction zones. No doubt there are some who could argue a case for special treatment.

We remember a post from you about last year’s competition starting on the 17th of August, the actual birthday date. we took on board your observations about the hours of daylight being less as the year goes on and we brought the challenge forward by a whole month; this gives more light evenings than last year and also coincides with school holidays,

It has taken a year of planning to get this far, there aretwo and a half days left to the Challenge launch. We will keep it that way.

4 Likes

Glad I am not going mad - I thought it was earlier this year.

You may be.

For clarity, in the post above yours:

last year’s competition starting on the 17th of August

This year the dates are 00:01 Sunday July 17th to 23:00 Saturday September 3rd

My wife is going to love me, 25th wedding anniversary on the 17th and I’ll be out all day trying to get entries for this. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Better get a card saturday or she’ll castrate me.

No, No, No, Steve. spend the day with your wife on your anniversary, she is much more important than a few measily drone photos

:smiley:

PS Happy Anniversary :clap:

Less than 11 hours to go, and I’m ready…

Can’t wait!

3 Likes