Trust EBay to sell a P4

I sold an iPhone 6s on eBay it was almost new packed it in its original box took pictures of the boxing wrapping etc sent it off proof of delivery signature and the guy then told eBay that what he got was not the correct phone and asked to cancel and return eBay accepted allowed him to send it back and get his money back the return then turned up a week later and there was nothing in the box it was empty the box was also false not the one I used it had pictures stuck on the side of a similar size box similar to those you get on the actual real thing but made up I proved to eBay the delivery notes of both sent to him was heavier and the correct weight for this item and that his return shipping was much lighter so I got my money and left eBay to chase up the fraudster so be careful to always take lots of pictures for proof of what you send

1 Like

I sent the guy a message saying that if I could pay with PayPal I might be interested.I told him I knew why he wanted to do it by bank transfer, that way he would avoid eBay and PayPal’s charges, and that eBay might not be too happy about it.

I checked to see if he had replied, there was no reply but the listing had been withdrawn.

eBay will pick up a message like that and tell him to change or withdraw the listing.

1 Like

Great thanks you got your money and took the steps that you did. I feel for the sellers that lose out in these scams.