Trying to crash the tiny hawk freestyle into a tree

Really loving this little quad. Sooooo responsive and zippy, tough and really long flying! I’m gonna upgrade the rx and vtx as soon as the bits arrive so I need worry less about it going out of range

And you can charge 6 lipos in one go off a USB charger!

7 Likes

I charge mine in my car with my 12v cigarette plug lol :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Nice one, Tom :clap::clap::clap:

I use one of these chargers. Mine was supplied with a QX65 whoop. I use a 5500mAh 3s pack as a power source. I prefer it to the USB charger supplied with the THFS as I’m able to monitor the charge state of the LiPo’s and the input, and it also has a useful USB output.

1 Like

Looks like such great fun with those little FPV quads! Does anyone get motion sickness? Just curious as I had a VR headset a while back and had to stop using it as it made me feel like I was gonna chunder everytime I tried using it :face_vomiting: :joy:

Hard to say. I get real bad travel sickness if I’m a passenger in a car after 5 mins. But quite happily drive 3000 miles a month :man_shrugging:
I did spend about 4 hours on a sim non stop once and felt a little woozy after. But I’m fine in the field. The flying time is 3 to 5 mins, so you get to reset your bearings in between flights I guess.

1 Like

Thats a good point about the short flight times :thinking: it usually took about 10mins before it made me ill.

2 Likes

Thinking about getting into FPV @SirGunner ? :grin: :+1:t2: :rofl:

1 Like

Not right now Deano I’ve spent my yearly allowance on my MA2 and Nas system :sleepy: lol but mate do you guys make it look awesome fun! So maybe in the future :wink:

1 Like

GoFundMe might help :rofl:

2 Likes

I once gave a neighbour of mine a FPV ride. It was a sedate floaty ride using a Phantom1 with a pair of FS Attitudes (oldskool). While I was flying I thought he was being rather quiet. I turned my head and found him in the foetal position on the floor.

As Karl says the time under the goggles is relatively short but also, like driving a car, you’re too busy concentrating on not crashing you don’t feel the disorientation.

1 Like

Yeah just gotta make up a sob story :grin:

2 Likes

All very good points thanks Nidge. I will give it a go at some point before investing too much just incase but I think I will probably be OK if its kept short and sweet :+1:t2:

1 Like

It is fun mate. Next time I’m down your way, I’ll give you a shout to see if you’re free to try my stuff.

1 Like

Here you go @SirGunner: Click here for fun! Lol

1 Like

That would be cool mate thanks :+1:t2:

Haha that is so tempting you bugger, you’re gonna get me in trouble :grin: looks like a PlayStation 4 controller in the kit lol

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy will recommend an upgrade to the TBS Tango 2 pro for the familiar feel of the PS4 controller :+1:t2: :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll probably be in Brighton for a couple of days in a couple of weeks I think. I can make a detour if I finish early :+1:

1 Like

Thats cool mate let me know nearer the time and we can try to sort something out :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just googled it and can see what you mean :joy:

1 Like