TSS Duke of Lancaster - Added to Coastal Scenery in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

You can park for free at Abakhan Fabrics, where there is a cafe and public toilets. Footpaths run down to the shore on either side of a water channel, these are both public footpaths. Fly from the footpath or the shore (the east footpath leads to better clear space for take-off and landing).

Hazards: pedestrians using the paths, a railway line, and various overhead cables.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 14/02/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

12 Likes

More information on the ship here:

1 Like

That really is a cracking pano!! :+1:

4 Likes

Great photo i am looking to fly and get photos of the duke of Lancaster myself but unfortunately lockdown is restricting that. I have read about the hazards, what is wind like due to location.

I’ve been there a couple of times, no problems with wind when I visited.

Hi Everyone. Quick question does anyone know if its still ok to fly here as last time i posted on this topic it was 12 months ago and wondering if any restrictions or changes have occured

I was there this weekend but hadn’t seen this post until someone said it had be added to drone scene after I’d posted this elsewhere.

3 Likes

I’ve flown here too @kvetner :grin:

1 Like

Visited here last weekend, nice place to fly, no hassle at all.
Hope to go back again when we have some brighter weather

4 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like