UK Drone Registration Scheme - Consultation now open

At present the scheme involves the end user (drone flyer) paying for a system that provides them with little or no benefits. Surely the CAA could negotiate a deal with an insurance company to provide public liability cover which could be included in the registration fee. Part of the discount negotiated by the CAA could be given to the flyer and the remainder used to support the registration scheme - something for everyone - then the flyer could at least see some benefit for registering.
Otherwise I fear the up take will be much lower than expected which will force the CAA to further increase the fee to cover the costs basically creating a self buggering situation :dizzy_face::frowning_face:

The consultation is still open @Jhdee :+1:t2:

(If you haven’t completed it already)

Just done mine :rage:

@PingSpike - already completed my input. Not sure how much good it’ll do but if enough of us push back maybe they’ll pay a little attention.

2 Likes

Hi all, and sorry if someone already posted this. Came across this link for providing feedback about the proposed (high) charges for UK drone registration coming soon. Think we can all give some feedback on this if we didn’t already…

https://consultations.caa.co.uk/finance/drone-registration/

Cheers
Christian

Hi Christian - moved your post over to this pre-existing thread on the topic. :wink:

1 Like

I have personally found that using their general enquiry form got me a rapid response in under 2 days and their answer was clear and concise and also included aspects I may not have thought about.

That said … if 170K users do register at £16.50 a head (a nice £2.8million total) then they ruddy well ought to setup a 24*7 helpline if only to prove registration to Mr Plod, et al.

1 Like